Sea to Summit, an outdoor gear company based in Boulder, CO, is looking for an experienced Customer Service Manager to provide excellent customer service and oversee the Customer Service team, effectively the “face and voice” of Sea to Summit. We offer innovative, award-winning backpacking, camping and adventure travel gear with unparalleled customer service and a commitment to our retail partners to be one of the best companies they work with. The goal of Customer Service Manager is to keep the department running in an efficient manner, to increase customer satisfaction, loyalty and retention and to meet customer expectations.
The person who has this job will be responsible for:
- Providing daily supervison to the members of the customer service team.
- Planning and coordinating customer service workflow and projects.
- Ensuring excellent customer service occurs in every interaction and timely and accurate processing of all orders.
- Generating a variety of reports and department performance metrics while analyzing data and compile accurate reports
- Managing customers’ accounts, while building sustainable relationships where necessary
- Communicating with internal departments to discuss customer requirements and sales targets
- Supporting the customer service reps in resolving customer issues and taking ownership of customers issues and follow problems through to resolution when necessary
- Working closely with both inside and outside sales reps to meet sales and service goals
- Motivating and coaching team to meet their sales goals each quarter.
- Understanding the processes and procedures to accurately fulfill orders from accounts requiring vendor compliance.
- Recruiting, mentoring and developing customer service team through coaching, performance reviews and nurturing an environment where they can excel through encouragement and empowerment
- Working closely with Operations team to improve systems and processes
- Rack and monitor budget/expenses and participate in yearly strategic planning events
- Keeping ahead of industry’s developments and applying best practices to areas of improvement
- Attend tradeshows or other events as needed.
- Additional duties as assigned
The ideal candidate has the following attributes:
- Proven working experience as a customer service manager, retail manager or assistant manager
- Experience in providing excellent customer service support
- Ability to think strategically and to lead team
- Customer service orientated and strong verbal and written and communication skills
- BS degree in Business Administration or related field
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite with a high level of proficiency in MS Excel.
- Experience creating reports and analyzing data in support of company goals.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to work in a face pace environment
- Ability to solve problems and bring new ideas to the team.
- Ability to always act in a professional manner and use language that aligns with that of the company
- Self-directed, motivated and takes initiative.
- Experience with SAP Business One or other ERP system is a plus.
This position is a full-time position and salary is commensurate with experience and is competitive. Benefits include health insurance, 401K, paid vacation and holidays and a dog friendly and casual work environment.
To apply, please submit your cover letter, resume and salary requirements.
Job Type: Full-time
- customer: 5 years
- MS Excel: 5 years
- Customer Service Management: 3 years