Invenergy drives innovation in energy. Powered by decades of entrepreneurial experience and unparalleled execution, we solve the energy challenges facing our customers and communities. We provide power generation and storage solutions at scale around the world to create a cleaner energy future. We develop. We build. We own. We operate. We are Invenergy.
About the position:
The Staff Engineer will assist with the technical design and evaluation of commercial and utility-scale wind and solar projects in Invenergy’s target markets throughout North America, Latin America, and Europe.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Utilize performance modeling software including Openwind and PVSyst to prepare energy production estimates
- Analyze available meteorological datasets and utilize MCP (Measure-Correlate-Predict) methods to assess project resource characteristics
- Prepare conceptual project layouts utilizing CAD and GIS software. Optimize layouts in order to maximize project value
- Interface with wind turbine and PV module OEMs (original equipment manufacturers) to obtain technical information and stay apprised of technology advancements and trends
- Conduct site visits to support site evaluation, suitability, and due diligence efforts. Participate in landowner meetings, community outreach events, and monthly construction meetings
- Assist the development team with federal, state, county, and local permitting efforts
- Support the development and origination teams with the preparation of sales proposals
- Work with the structured finance team to provide responses to lender and independent engineer due diligence questions throughout the project financing process
- Interface with the Project Management and Operations teams leading up to and through project commercial operations. Ensure timely and complete transfer of technical responsibilities.
- Work with the project electrical engineering team to support electrical system design and compliance effort
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering or relevant Physical Science discipline such as Physics, Atmospheric Science/Meteorology, Environmental Science. Master’s Degree is a plus.
- Zero to three years of experience in the renewable energy industry
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Ability to multi-task and manage deliverables for multiple projects at a time
- Excellent verbal, writing, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated interest in renewable energy
- Desire to work in a dynamic environment alongside people with multiple interests and backgrounds
- Familiarity with energy modeling software such as Openwind, PVSyst, and System Advisory Model (SAM)
- Familiarity with AutoCAD; GIS software
- Knowledge of meteorological data sources, MCP methods, and other statistical analysis
- Experience with modeling energy project economics and familiarity with concepts such as NPV, IRR and LCOE