The YMCA of South Florida is currently hiring an experienced Program Director to assist with our Special Needs programs throughout Broward County. The Program Director has a direct impact in the overall success and effectiveness of our Youth Development's Before & Afterschool goals and objectives. As a Program Director, you will be responsible for the overall operations and management of multiple Before & After School program sites and Summer Camp programs.
- Develop and maintain program budgets and monitor monthly progress/variances.
- Responsible for program retention and growth.
- Develop and maintain regular communication and relationships with school principals and school representatives.
- Actively participate in school parent/teacher organizations as well as one additional community organization.
- Implement established Program Quality Standards and participate in the development of these standards.
- Conduct regular site visits and inspections. Participate in site Financial Audit as needed.
- Responsible for daily supervision of Site Directors and counselors in School Age and Camp programs.
- Recruit, supervise, hire, and provide progressive discipline to the staff within the region.
- Act as a community representative to agencies such as Department of Children and Families, CDS, Early Learning Coalition, Children’s Services Council, School Board of Broward County, the United Way and any other community partners.
- Develop objectives and job plans for Site Directors within the district.
- Ensure compliance with all state and local agencies including licensing.
- Develop and monitor staff training plan.
- Attend all required departmental meetings including monthly Youth Development Operations Team meetings.
- Monitor and effectively control the biweekly payroll.
- Assist with implementation of YMCA Orientation and Child Abuse training.
- Assist with curriculum development and implementation. Ensure all grant outcomes are met.
- Monitor and control daily/weekly nutrition counts.
- Responsible for maintaining Accounts Receivable below 3%.
- Responsible for fundraising during Annual Y Campaign.
- Ensure that all grant compliance measures are maintained and execute grant assessment process.
- Ensure that grant outcome data is compliantly collected and reported by the deadline.
- Bachelor's degree in Education, Psychology, Sociology, and Child Development or related field preferred.
- Minimum two years of experience managing youth development programs and three years of experience working directly with Special Needs youth in organized out-of-school-time settings.
- Experience working with budgets, developing a budget, fiscal management of programs, and fund raising.
- YMCA management experience desirable.
- Florida Directors Credential preferred or must obtain Director's Credential within 18 months of employment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, sound fiscal management practices, strong organizational abilities and problem solving strategies.
- Demonstrated leadership through experiences in supervision, community collaboration and innovation.
- Ability to adequately observe program activities, enforce safety regulations and apply appropriate policies and procedures.
- Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical incidents and the physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word and Excel.
- Bilingual, English and Spanish preferred.
As a condition of employment, you will be required to submit to and satisfactorily clear a thorough Level II fingerprinting background screening.
The YMCA of South Florida is a Drug Free Workplace and is committed to the policy of Equal Opportunity prohibiting discrimination in employment because of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, political affiliation, age or disability.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000.00 - $42,000.00 per year
- Employee Discount
- Health Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- child care special needs: 2 years (Preferred)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment