Join our Affinity family! We VALUE our employees! We offer a fun, friendly, and relaxed work environment! Join a company who utilizes innovative and advanced technology! Innovative clinical software in place! Say goodbye to paper charts and HELLO to MatrixCare! Come join our growing team! We offer competitive benefits with company paid life insurance, free telemedicine, employee appreciation programs, and free continuing education through our Affinity Academy.:
Nature and scope:
Develops, modifies, evaluates and implements Activity programs for the Community that embrace and fulfill the social needs and interests of the senior population living and visiting the Community.
Minimum eligibility requirements:
- Certification as required by State regulations for activities.
- High level of ability in effective and succinct communication, written and oral with residents, families, staff, vendors and the general public.
- Must have compassion for and desire to work with the elderly.
- Must demonstrate the ability to work responsibly as a team member as well as an individual.
- Must be honest, fair, dependable, respect confidentiality and the rights and privacy of others.
- Practice and promote Affinity Living Group Policies and Procedures, Mission Statement, Core Values and Founding Principles.
- Must have exceptional organizational skills.
- Must have experience in planning, organizing and executing a varied schedule of life enrichment opportunities for all levels of seniors from those who are very active to those with cognitive impairments resulting from Alzheimer’s and related dementias.
- Ability to supervise employees.
- Ability to set up and train volunteers.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to represent the Community in a positive and professional manner.
- Ability to establish effective relationships with residents, family members and staff.
- Maintain applicable state requirements of dementia specific training.
- Requires current First Aid and CPR certification.
- Must meet all health requirements.
- Must have valid driver’s license.
- Must pass Motor Vehicle Report requirements.
- Must pass criminal background check.
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities (essential job functions), with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Responsible for the daily life enrichment program schedule for all levels of ability seven (7) days a week.
- Prepare monthly newsletter for distribution to all residents and families.
- Educates, trains and encourages team members on life enrichment opportunities to make meaningful connections.
- Gathers information to compile a biography on each person who moves in, keeping the essence of the individual alive to team members and family and friends. (Assisted Living and Memory Care)
- Develops and pursues a varied program of meaningful activities and events that is balanced in the physical, spiritual, intellectual, social, emotional, vocational and cognitive elements.
- Meets and greets each person upon move-in to welcome them and their family and friends to the Community.
- Arranges for community groups to come into the Community, such as pet therapy, schools, churches, and entertainers.
- Decorates the common areas for special events and holidays.
- Conducts individual and group interactions.
- Maintains inventory of supplies and manages budget.
- Attends management meetings.
- Leads and develops family support group meetings.
- Interacts with local media to promote the life enrichment program in the external community.
- Develops a program of outings that encourages the people who live in Affinity Living Group communities to be involved in their external community.
- Any other duties assigned by the Executive Director.