Role Title: Senior Scientist - Hematology
Hiring Mode: Full Time
Location: Tarrytown, NY
Work Authorization: Any VISA
- Drive the development of systems design concepts to meet clinical Hematology requirements.
- You should understand the measurement principles and functioning of hematology analyzers.
- You should have broad chemistry/biochemistry knowledge of proteins, buffer systems, enzymes, surfactants, preservatives as well as of statistical analysis.
- Drive a wide variety of technical activities related to product development, investigating potential product issues and troubleshooting technical problems.
- You should have appreciation for the FDA regulated medical device industry.
- You should be skilled in systems thinking with a broad range of knowledge and experience in systems requirements, demonstration of feasibility, verification and validation.
- You should have work experience as part of large integrated, cross-functional teams.
- You should have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- You should have a learning mindset with clear and independent thinking.
- Oversee, plan and execute experiments to identify & characterize critical design parameters and their boundaries.
- Identify solutions to complex technical issues by troubleshooting, determining root cause and then proposing design modifications as they pertain to lab diagnostic device system and assay performance.
- Analyze data for statistical and clinical significance.
- Anticipate potential problems that may impact system performance and develop risk mitigations.
- Write and review data driven technical summaries and test reports.
- Communicate clearly and effectively in written documents and oral presentations to a wide audience.
- Work closely with cross-functional team members to ensure full understanding of subsystem/system functionality and performance as it relates to product development and product performance investigations.
- Preferred qualification: Ph.D. or a MS in biological sciences with minimum of 8+ years of relevant industry experience in the medical device industry.
- Experience with development and commercial product support for Hematology instruments, reagents and quality controls.
- Six sigma DFSS training.
- Willing to travel up to 10%.
Account Manager | Tanisha Systems, Inc.
Tel: 212 729 6543 x 442 | Fax: (212) 689-7333
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- Hematology : 1 year (Preferred)
- * Willing to travel up to 10%.: 1 year (Preferred)
- * Six sigma DFSS training: 1 year (Preferred)
- statistical and clinical : 1 year (Preferred)
- FDA regulated medical device industry: 1 year (Preferred)