What to Expect
At Meadowridge, Inc. our focus is to provide our customers with the best performing flowering annuals on the market as we strive to be one of the best wholesale greenhouses in the industry.
The placement of great merchandisers at the point of retail ensures our continued success.
The demand for live goods peaks during the months of April and May. During this time, the position may be full time including weekends to help keep up with that demand.
Seasonal Merchandiser Job Description
The seasonal merchandiser will serve as a representative for Meadowridge, Inc. at retail level. The purpose of this position is to create and maintain great flower displays at our customer’s location and provide outstanding and professional customer service to the customer and their guest. This job requires physical tasks, great communication skills, basic understanding of a plant’s life cycle and a talent for marketing products. This is a seasonal position with hours that decrease as the gardening season regresses.
- Frequently lift, carry, bend, crouch, kneel, twist and raise arms above head
- Must be able to lift 20 lbs. over head
- Must be able to stand and walk for several hours and able to climb ladders
- Work independently with little or no supervision
- Push/pull large wheeled shipping carts through garden centers
- Must be able to visually sort merchandise by type, color and price
- Must be able to read, write and count to complete administrative duties
- Able to communicate professionally and build trustworthy relationship with customers
- Must be able to work in inclement weather (rain, snow, wind, cold)
- Must be able to work varied hours, including weekends when necessary during peak (April-May)
- Reliable transportation is required and must be operated in a safe and courteous manner
- Basic computer skills with access to the internet, smart phone or tablet are required for communication
Responsibilities include, but not limited to the following:
- Responsible for unloading deliveries from Meadowridge, Inc.
- Create visually appealing displays
- Maintain, replenish and rotate stock, toss expired product as necessary
- Make sure displays are well signed with correct UPC and retail price
- Be aware of delivery schedules, ad items and other communications
- Maintain plan-o-gram integrity and an organized and orderly sales floor
- Must work the schedule assigned by company manager
- Travel may be required between stores
- Support departmental goals and objectives
- Appropriate attire and work ethic are essential
- Provide customers and co-workers with professional and courteous customer service
The requirements listed represent the minimum knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
This description is not intended as a contract and is subject to revision.
- Hourly rate with time and a half paid over 40 hours/week.
- Travel expenses are responsibility of the employee. Special circumstances are subject to reimbursement upon approval of manager.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $12.00 /hour
- High school or equivalent