The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills, talents and experiences to design and build solutions to some of the world’s hardest engineering problems. Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to envision the impossible, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus—if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Lockheed Martin is looking for a results driven Project Engineering Manager for the Mk21 Replacement Fuze program. As a Project Engineering Manager, you will:
- Manage customer intimacy, communication, and overall happiness
- Support the development of strategic plans, roadmaps (technical, personnel, & management), and proposal efforts to cultivate new business opportunities
- Shape the program future by attracting, developing / mentoring, and retaining a diverse workforce while cultivating an inclusive work environment
- Provide your proven leadership to the ICBM & Strategic Systems (ISS) organization and coordinate across Lockheed Martin business areas and external agencies. To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin nurtures an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking. Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related technical skills
- Demonstrated Program Management and leadership skills
- Understanding and experience with Earned Value Management
- Leadership skills and experience leading employees to perform productively and develop relationships in a multi-functional team environment
- Final DoD Secret Clearance required for this position.
'• Master's Degree in Engineering or Business Administration
- Familiarity with USAF Customer and past experience supporting ICBM programs
- Missile or space segment design and test experience with one or more subsystems or disciplines outside of Systems Engineering
- Ability to drive closure and resolve complex programmatic issues
- Demonstrated customer orientation by learning and understanding customer's mission, needs and perspectives
- Proven ability to coordinate amongst several external stakeholders
- Proposal preparation and negotiation experience; experience working with Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDAs), Technical Assistance Agreements (TAAs) and contracting activities
- Ability to manage, coach, train and motivate a team in technical and leadership development
- Previous experience and relationships with USAF Nuclear Weapons Center
- Lockheed Martin Six Sigma Green and/or Black Belt certification
- Program Management, Finance, Contracts, EVM and demonstrated business insight
- Recognized as an authority in systems thinking techniques with the demonstrated ability to apply them to a wide range of complex problems and train others in their application
- Ability to lead multi-functional teams and lead multiple teams to communicate and coordinate work as one team with common goals
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.