Continuious Improvement Specialist (18 Month Assisgnment)
This is a temporary position. Reporting to the Director of HR Operational Excellence, the Continuous Improvement Specialist plays a key role in process improvement projects by facilitating activities, managing projects, monitoring for sustainability, presenting results and recommendations. The Specialist is also responsible for developing metrics and measurement tools to improve operating processes to gain greater efficiency and effectiveness within the People Division.
1. Demonstrates knowledge of project management, Lean and performance improvement methodologies
2. Designs and facilitates rapid improvements in operating performance through fundamental rethinking and redesign of core processes using Lean methodologies and recommends changes based on performance results
3. Works with People Team to develop the use of Lean methodologies and tools to create a Lean culture throughout the People Division.
4. Ability to conduct analysis, interpret data and facilitate projects with minimal supervision.
5. Lead improvement projects related to process and continuous improvement in the areas of quality, operations, productivity and cost using Lean methodologies and tools.
6. Ability to independently develop and manage multiple projects.
7. Works directly with all levels across the People Team to implement and maintain process improvement.
8. Acts as a role model, verbally and behaviorally demonstrating skill, enthusiasm, positive problem solving, commitment and loyalty to the organization.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
License or certification: