Full Job Description
Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP is currently seeking an assistant controller position. Ideal candidates will have 3+ years’ experience in working with attorneys in all accounting operational functions of the firm. The position requires a strong work ethic, attention to detail, clear and effective proof reading skills, and strong oral communication abilities.
Assistant Controller responsibilities:
- Managing the accumulation of all financial data necessary for an accurate accounting of business results.
- Managing/supervising the accounting staff.
- Coordinates between the firm’s Technology group and the Business Office 3E activities related to the operation of the firm’s financial.
- Assist with coordinating and preparing internal financial.
- Assist with coordinating activities of external auditors.
- Provide management with information vital to the decision-making process.
- Assist with managing the budget process.
- Assess current accounting operations, offering recommendations for improvement and implementing new processes.
- Evaluate accounting internal control systems.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of accounting software and the supporting database.
- Develop and monitors business performance metrics.
- Oversee regulatory reporting, including tax planning and compliance.
- Hiring, training, evaluating and retaining competent accounting staff.
- Bachelor Degree (B.A. or B.S.) four-Year College or university; Master’s preferred; five or more related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience. CPA license is preferred, but not required.
- In-depth knowledge of accepted accounting principles; working knowledge of manual and automated accounting systems; well-developed financial analysis capabilities; and demonstrated ability to manage operations and applications in accounting are essential.
What Shumaker offers:
- Sophisticated and challenging trust & estate work nationwide
- Fun team oriented environment
- Excellent benefits (Including health, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, retirement plan, and paid time off benefits.We are not accepting third party/recruiter submissions for this position.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off