RailPros seeks an expert in Positive Train Control (PTC) to join our Rail Systems Engineering team to work remotely under the direction of the Pomona Office Manager to serve as the Technical Support and Test Manager for the Early Earthquake Warning integration of ShakeAlert with PTC, called the Commuter Rail Seismic Interface, for Phase I and Phase II of the three phased EEW project. This is a project based temporary position.
The employee will assist in the development and successful delivery of a variety of technical work products including:
1. Develop System Requirements and System Description: In collaboration with the Office Development team, produce written system requirements covering system
infrastructure, hardware, software, CRSI to PTC/CAD interface control and system functional and non-functional requirements. System definition must include data
formats, message protocols and network access.
2. Develop a Test Plan: In collaboration with the Office Development team develop written test cases and a test plan to validate the requirements established in
the task above. The Test Plan must cover activities to prepare for the test including pre-conditions and prerequisites. Test Cases must include traceability to applicable requirements.
3. Test Manager: Provide a knowledgeable person to oversee lab testing under Phase II.
Additional responsibilities include engineering development, assisting with proposals, defining project scopes, maintaining project scopes and budgets.
1. Minimum of 5 years PTC engineering experience in the railroad/transit environment
2. Good communication skills - verbal and written