This health network is united by mission to improve the health and well being of those who live in the communities we proudly call home. The Chief Physicist is responsible for providing all clinical physics services associated with the Department including oversight of quality assurance program, acceptance testing of new equipment, acquisition of and maintenance of commissioning data, new technology planning and supervision of medical dosimetrists and other physicists.
We believe our dedicated and talented employees are the cornerstone of providing the best in patient care, and we are seeking a qualified and compassionate individual to enhance the delivery of care to the communities we serve. We invite you to apply and join our team.
Title: Radiology Physicist Chief
*Location: Danbury, CT
- Develop, implement and monitor the QA program as mandated by regulatory agencies including but not limited to TJC, NRC, and ACR/ACRO.
- Supervise and participate in selection, acceptance testing and commissioning of all new radiation oncology equipment.Develop new protocols for patient treatments.
- Ensures linear accelerators deliver proper radiation therapy doses and treatment plans are carried out.
- Oversee safety procedures.Identified and introduces new technology to staff in radiation oncology.
- Participates in strategic planning for Cancer Center.
- Develops capital and operating budget pertaining to physics and dosimetry.Supervises physicists and dosimetrists including performance evals, counseling, and training and development
- Masters degree in Physics Ph.D preferred5 years job related experience as a medical physicist in a radiation oncology department.
- Doctorate in Radiological
- PhysicsExperience with Varian Linear Accelerators, Eclipse Treatment Planning, and record and verify systems.
- IMRT/IGRT, SBRT SRS, HDR and other brachytherapy
- American Board of Radiology
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $200,000.00 to $260,000.00 /year