Responsible for providing analytics support to the benefits financial analyst team and various client Employee Benefits teams. The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated team player with a strong aptitude to problem solve, attention to detail, negotiate, ability to prioritize work in a fast paced environment under pressure, motivated, meet deadlines and be a strong communicator.
Essential Job Functions:
Job Skills Needed:
- Manage the analysis process of employee benefit plans for an assigned book of business self-insured.
- Market health insurance plans and related products by requesting proposals from insurance carriers.
- Extract technical information from benefit summaries and contracts.
- Collect renewals and scrutinize for accuracy.
- Illustrate benefit summaries/rates for fully insured and level funded current and proposed plans in spreadsheets for client presentations.
- Prepare contribution models on an as needed basis.
- Prepare benefit models on an as needed basis.
- Download and enter experience reports.
- Complete experience reports on a consistent and timely basis.
- Forecast renewal projections for benefit plans.
- Develop and maintain strong vendor relationships. Stay up-to-date on market changes, new plans, and the latest developments.
- Maintain internal and external client relationships.
- Provide peer review support to the department.
- Maintain client files in compliance with PSF standards.
- Actively participate in oral interviews with prospective clients, as needed.
- 1-2 years of experience at a carrier, brokerage or consulting firm preferred.
- Maintain a high degree of professionalism to the marketplace, industry, and prospective and current clients.
- Strong, working knowledge of Microsoft Excel , Word and Outlook.
- Experience with alternative funding preferred but not required.
- Familiarity of Washington insurance markets and products preferred.
- Attend industry events and educational opportunities
to keep knowledge fresh and up to date.
- Client presentation skills are required.
- Some travel may be involved.
- Obtain or maintain current life and disability insurance license.