Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile devices like the Kindle family of products. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc.
The Amazon Devices team designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics, including the best-selling Kindle family of products. We have also produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Dash, and Amazon Echo.
What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
The successful Quality Assurance Manager will be obsessed with quality improvement, experienced and highly committed to creating world class automation for regression and feature testing, able to develop and drive a high-level test strategy, as well as take a hands-on approach to implementing that strategy. In this role, you will:
- Work with business and development teams to understand product vision and requirements
- Understanding how all elements of the system software ecosystem work together and developing QA approaches that fit the overall strategy
- Be responsible for development of test strategies and creation of appropriate test harnesses
- Oversee the development and execution of test plans and monitoring and reporting on test execution
- Work with a team of quality engineering professionals to ensure the highest quality product delivery
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent combination of technical education and experience
- 7+ years of industry experience, including at least three years of hands-on testing and 2 years as a manager
- Experience in internet and wireless protocols, distributed systems design and testing required
- Knowledge of QA concepts and methodology
experienced but hands-on manager who can build an organization and ensure it performs
- Strong people management skills, with a proven ability to hire and grow talented programmatic and user-level personnel
- Experience working closely with development and business teams to communicate problem impacts and to understand business requirements
- Strong organizational skills, ability to track multiple test executions simultaneously and to be able to synthesize the results
- Experience in agile development methodologies with continuous integration
- Experience validating high quality consumer facing applications on embedded communications platforms
- Experience with systems automating client / server testing with a heterogeneous mix of client applications and embedded devices is required
- Shows creativity and initiative to improve product test coverage and effectiveness
- Comfortable communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer-Minority/Female/Disability/Vet
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.