Dockworkers will safely load, unload, and move our customers' shipments across our Service Centers docks to meet the requirements of our customers' shipments primarily using forklifts.This position could offer a variety of shifts to accomplish the task of meeting our customer's needs.
As a part-time AAA Cooper Transportation employee, you will enjoy benefits such as:
- 401k with company match
- Weekly direct payroll depositsJob Responsibilities
- Load and unload trailers and move freight across the terminal dock, either individually or with assistance of co-worker, with or without mechanical freight handling equipment, as required.
- Load freight to and from dock and trailers according to specifications of Bills of Lading, delivery receipts, packaging labels, etc.
- Plan the loading of freight onto trailers to fully utilize available space and minimize the risk of damage.
- Hook and unhook trailers from tractors, including cranking lever to raise and lower landing gear.
- Inspect equipment for defects and safe operating condition as required by state/federal laws and AAA Cooper.
- Fuel trucks, tractors, and other company equipment.
- Clean, sweep and wash dock, trailers, yard, tractor and other work areas.
- Perform all other work related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 18years or older
- Pass pre-employment drug screen
- Satisfactory background check
- Have the ability to be certified as a forklift operator
- Be familiar with proper procedures for handling hazardous materials.
- Perform all duties in accordance with company policies and procedures, and comply with all federal, state and local regulations that govern a safe work environment.
- Read, write, speak and understand English well.
- Count, add, and subtract digits up to 10,000's.
- Flexible hours
A dockworker must have the ability to:
- Perform frequent actions such as: squatting, bending, twisting, turning and reaching overhead.
- Enter and exit trailers as many as 40+ times per day with the assistance of various handholds and steps.
- Perform frequent pushing and pulling of freight up to 500 lbs. on a dolly or cart, as well as, freight weighing more than 100 lbs. with or without mechanical aid.
- Frequently carry freight weighing up to 110 lbs. of varying size and shape up to a distance of 53feet.
- Spend up to 85% of the day standing and/or walking on surfaces such as concrete, wood, or metal.
- Hook/unhook various commercial vehicle combinations, manually lower and raise landing gear, operate the fifth wheel release lever, and open and close the cargo door.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $15.85 /hour