Merakey is currently seeking a Certified Peer Specialist to join our Behavioral Health Division in our Sharon Hill, PA location.
- Merakey is a leading developmental, behavioral health and education provider offering a breadth of integrated services to individuals and communities across the country.
- We leverage our size and expertise to develop innovative solutions and new models of care to meet the needs of individuals, their families, public and private healthcare funders and community partner organizations.
- We recognize that complex needs require a holistic approach. With our experience, expertise and compassion, we empower everyone within our communities to reach their fullest potential.
- With a rich tradition spanning 50 years with nearly 10,000 employees, Merakey, formerly NHS, provides care to over 40,000 adults and children throughout Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Maryland, Delaware, Virginia, Louisiana, Michigan and Tennessee
WHAT MERAKEY HAS TO OFFER
- The stability that comes with working for a national leader providing education and human services to individuals with special needs
- Highly competitive compensation plans
- Career advancement opportunities in a rapidly growing company
- Benefits for all employees including marketplace savings program (discounts on cell phone plans, shopping, travel and more); Wellness programs (including discounted gym memberships, mail order prescription plans); legal and financial services; 24-hour nurse hotline; life/disability coverage; and Employee Assistance Program
- Benefits for qualifying employees including medical, dental & vision coverage; flexible spending account; 403B retirement plan with company contribution
- Generous PTO plans including vacation, sick, and holiday pay for qualifying employees
Position summary or overview. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following.
- Certified as a Peer Support Specialist by the Pennsylvania Certification Board
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Must have a knowledge and understanding of recovery principles and recovery driven services.
- Must have personal experience as a recipient of mental health services and a willingness to share experiences to provide expertise about the recovery process.
- High school diploma or at least two years of paid or volunteer work experience with adults with severe mental illness
Rate of pay: $14.35 /hour + Additional Incentives & Mileage Reimbursement
In addition to completing your application, please feel free to email your resume directly to our Recruiter at Sabina.Tobak @merakey.org .
MERAKEY is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $14.64 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Peer Specialist: 1 year (Preferred)
- CPS (Certified Peer Specialist) (Required)
- Yes, temporarily due to COVID-19