All applicants must complete an application, which can be found on our website https://smrla.org/jobs
Failure to submit a completed application and resume will result in your application being considered incomplete. Incomplete applications will not be forwarded to the selection committee for review. All applications must be received by February 28, 2019.
Nature of Work
Professional, responsible position coordinating the activities and managing day-to-day operations of SMRLA, Inc.’s automation systems, interlibrary loan, and delivery under the leadership of the CEO. Performs assigned liaison services between the regional library and tri-county public libraries and agencies. Participates in planning and implementing information services for tri-county public libraries. Coordinates several tri-county public services librarian meetings. Serves as a consultant to member libraries on information services as assigned.
- Monitors and maintains performance of automation systems, including identifying and planning for the satisfaction of customer needs.
- Develops strategies for providing service
- Assists in planning and implementing current and future information services and systems
- Oversees SMRLA Inc.’s office automation systems, including e-mail, servers, and PC’s
- Submits budget requests to supervisor
- Establishes communication plan and sets work priorities
- Holds regular meetings of system support team
- Develops and coordinates a help desk service to provide support for customer use of systems
- Develops SMRLA, Inc.’s website
- Develops proposals for SMRLA, Inc. to mount regional resources on WWW.
- Oversees installation of systems hardware and software; maintains systems files and documentation.
- Supervises assigned staff.
- Supervises, monitors, evaluates and coaches staff
- Plans and schedules work
- Instructs and guides staff in the objectives, policies, and procedures of SMRLA, Inc.
- Trains or provides for staff training as necessary
- Assists with investigating and identifying the best use of information resources and new technologies to meet SMRLA, Inc.’s needs.
- Contributes professional and technical expertise to SMRLA, Inc. through membership on committees, task forces, etc. as approved by supervisor.
- Updates skills by regularly participating in training and other learning opportunities
- Serves as a consultant to member libraries on reference, information services, and automation projects, purchases, etc., as approved by supervisor.
- Coordinates tri-county public service meetings.
- Develops budget requests for assigned areas.
- Monitors expenditures and recommends budget spending adjustments as necessary
- Prepares reports according to established procedures and timetables.
- Oversees Interlibrary Loan and Delivery operations.
- Maintains a positive work environment
- Participates as part of SMRLA, Inc.’s management team.
- Other duties as related.
Master’s Degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited institution. Two years of supervisory experience plus three additional years of management and leadership experience. Working knowledge of Internet and general computer applications, including knowledge of textual and structured databases. Ability to secure certificate as a Professional Public Librarian in the State of Maryland within 120 days of appointment.
Salary from $76,000 DOQ. Position open until filled.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $76,000.00 /year
- Management & Leadership: 3 years (Required)
- Supervisory: 2 years (Required)
- Master's Degree in Library Science (Required)