Production employees at Smithfield handle materials and use hand tools, machinery, and equipment to help deliver good food responsibly to America’s dinner table. Production team members perform physically demanding work that requires good hand-eye coordination, attention to detail, strength and stamina.
What we offer:
- Competitive pay and benefits among the best in the industry
- A variety of career paths, including:
- Quality Assurance/Food Safety
- Hog Procurement
- Opportunities for career growth
- Tuition assistance
All applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
Applicants must be willing and able to:
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions
- Perform a task requiring continuous/repetitive movement, including grasping, pinching hands, flexing, and extending arms
- Stand on concrete and/or platforms for up to a 12-hour shift
- Work around animal blood and/or carcass parts
- Work with a knife (if trained)
- Work in cold areas (approximately 20-40 degrees) and/or warm areas (over 100 degrees)
- Work in an environment that is wet and humid
- Work while wearing a hard hat, hearing/eye protection, and steel-toed safety shoes
- Work in a noisy environment using personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Work with sanitation/cleaning chemicals
- Work around strong smells/odors
- Climb/move on ladders, steps, stairways, walkways and platforms
- Bend, stoop, and twist repetitively over the course of an entire shift
- Walk long distances
- This work is physically demanding and can require the use of some or all body parts and muscle groups. Some positions may require repetitive overhead lifting up to 30 lbs, single lifting of heavy objects which can weigh up to 60 lbs, or lifting of objects using mechanical assistance.
- Additional essential functions may be applicable to specific jobs.
- Other duties as assigned.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.
Job Type: Full-time
- General Labor: 1 year (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Education assistance or tuition reimbursement