Histogenetics based in New York, USA, is an international leader in DNA sequence-based tissue typing (SBT) services and provides high-quality, cost-effective, fast HLA typing for customers worldwide.
Histogenetics has mastered Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) and Third generation sequencing-PacBio (TGS) technologies in routine HLA typing for ultimate resolution. Histogenetics, using PacBio-Sequel and Bionano-Saphyr for the analysis of Whole genome by Sequencing and Optical Mapping, respectively, to elucidate the complex genetic regions and structural variations that could be the basis for health and diseases. This new information will lay the foundation for Precision Medicine and to understand all living species.
The Company seeking a mid-to-senior level Windows application developer to work on Lab Database related application software. If you have a strong background in Microsoft Platforms you will be a good fit for this role.
The ideal candidate for this position will be detail oriented, have excellent communication skills, and a career interest in Bio and IT technology. This is an opportunity to work with a highly energized and innovative team. The position is based in Ossining, Westchester County, New York.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain of applications developed in .NET technology using Windows Communication Foundation (WCF), C#, XML, ASP, HTML, SQL 2008
- Correct software applications errors by making appropriate changes and rechecking the program
to ensure that the desired production quality and accuracy
- Conduct test runs of programs and in-house software applications to ensure that the desired results are produced and that the instructions are correct
- Communicate with business analysts to gather accurate specifications for new enhancements and applications
- Coordinate and prioritize application modifications and bug fixes
- Work with the team to conceive, develop, deploy, and maintain solutions to meet business and technical requirements
- Able to maintain existing software systems by identifying and correcting errors
- Creating technical designs and communicating those designs to clients and teammates
- Minimum requirement of bachelor’s degree or equivalent in the field of Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a closely related field.
- 4+ yrs of C# Development experience
- Strong experience with ASP.NET, MVC, WEBAPI, WCF
- Strong experience of MS SQL
- .NET web and application development using C#
- Able to understand business requirements and the ability to translate these into functional and efficient software solutions
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage changing priorities
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Excellent problem-solving skills
Job Type: Full-time