Wayfinder Family Services (Wayfinder) provides a spectrum of services through various programs for populations of all acuities. We are tackling some of the toughest issues in the sector and changing more lives than ever before. Join the Wayfinder team and help make an impact!
We are seeking a Medical Secretary who is responsible in ensuring Wayfinder is in compliance with licensing and contractual requirements for the timely completion of dental exams, initial and annual physicals, completes forms and arranges transportation to urgent care and emergency room visits under the direction of nursing services’ staff.
This is a non-exempt position that reports directly to the Director of Nursing Services.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and Responsibilities:
- Creates new charts upon client admission.
- Acts as a liaison to gather important information, such as immunization history, insurance numbers, names of any specialists, etc.
- Verifies clients’ insurance status and contacts health insurance providers by phone and fax, to ensure proper reimbursement for Wayfinder.
- Keeps charts updated and maintains copies of medical alerts and copies of insurance information for scheduled and emergency appointments.
- Keeps information up to date and monitors due dates for appointments and services.
- Calls and schedules Medical, Dental, Specialist and Procedures (CT’s, MRI’s Ultrasounds, etc.).
- Tracks all medical, dental, specialty medical appointment and psychotropic authorization data into the Health Services Database accurately and in a timely manner.
- Completes all related documentation for medical, dental, laboratory and specialty medical appointments on appropriate forms and requisitions.
- Ensures that psychotropic medication authorization renewal forms are provided to the psychiatrist in a timely manner and may assist nurses by faxing completed forms to the court(s).
- Assists the nurse(s) in coordinating the schedule of the consultant psychiatrists. This includes providing charts according to the psychiatrists’ appointment schedules.
- Assists with nursing services e-mails and requests from a wide variety of sources such as mental health, probation, DCFS, public health nurses, school nurses, IEP’s, cottage staff and quality assurance.
- Assists in billing input for medical department DMH services.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- High School Diploma or equivalent and special medical or office training.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in a medical office.
- Medical Assistant or Administrative Assistant Certification preferred.
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office Suites highly preferred.
You can apply through this link or submit resume to:
- Competitive salary (DOE)
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Long term Care
- Flexible spending benefit options including qualified transportation
- 401(K) retirement plan with a 4% employer match after qualification
- Generous Paid Time Off
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Education Assistance Program
Wayfinder Family Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We support a drug-free workplace and conduct pre-employment background and drug screenings.
Visit us online at www.wayfinderfamily.org