Location: San TanStore
2756 S Market St. Building 2, Gilbert, AZ 85295(Santan Village Pakwy & Market St)
A Site Leader drives retail business operations at a Retail Store location to help fund the Goodwill mission of ending unemployment. Directly leads Operations Leader, Production Team, and Donation Attendants. Key responsibilities include people leadership, store operations, financial management, inventory control, donation processing, customer service, and training and development of store leadership.
Pay: $48,000 + Bonus potential for site
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and executes retail operations plan to achieve daily, monthly, quarterly, and yearly goals for operating income, revenue, and production.
- Coordinates with Area Leader to develop and implement strategic plans to help drive donations.
- Monitors product levels (floor work, as-is, recycle, trash, seasonal back stock) daily to achieve bottom line sales budget against targets.
- Ensures payroll costs and operating costs are managed to budget.
- Ensures team members deliver excellent customer service to donors and customers.
- Ensures store locations are clean, well-kept, and reflect the Goodwill brand appropriately.
- Partners with community businesses and organizations to promote Goodwill mission.
- Serves as a Goodwill ambassador to the community.
- Ensures that store leadership (Operations Leaders, Retail Sales Leads, and Shift Leads) are well-trained and fulfill their duties and responsibilities.
- Ensures that Donation Attendants demonstrate excellent customer service in receiving donations and that those donations are sorted and prepared for processing.
- Ensures that Production Team processes, prices, and displays product per company standards and to achieve store goals.
- Under direction of Area Leader, partners with other store locations to allocate donations, team members, and leadership to maximize area performance.
- Ensures that team members are operating per company standards and procedures.
- Partners with support areas (Asset Protection, Human Resources, Safety, Finance, etc.) to further business goals and ensure compliance with applicable policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Builds a high-performing team.
- Responsible for performance management (coaching, discipline, performance improvement plans, and annual reviews), staffing, compensation, and development of Operations Leader, Production Team, and Donation Attendants.
- Ensures that Operations Leader effectively manages performance of Retail Sales Lead, Shift Lead, and Retail Sales Associates.
- Models Goodwill Core Values – Trust, Collaboration, Engagement, Ownership, and Innovation.
- Plays critical role in driving company culture change efforts and change management processes.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills):
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Two years’ work experience in Retail Management, preferably thrift
- One-year customer service experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Valid Arizona drivers’ license and clean MVR
- Ability to pass a background check and drug screen, where applicable for positions
Full-Time Employees we offer:
- Medical and dental plans
- Paid vacation and sick days
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) with a very healthy company match
Become a valuable part of our team and work for a company which has been named a Best Place to work by the Phoenix Business Journal 4 out of the last 5 years. Work for a company which has seen double digit growth year after year for nearly a decade. Work for a company which values diversity and is centered on success. Goodwill of Central & Northern Arizona — We Put People to Work!
To be considered for this position, you must apply online at www.jobs.goodwillaz.org
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, gender identity, the presence of a non-job related medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status. We will consider any reasonable accommodation and modification, including adaptive devices, to assist any person with a disability to apply for and, if hired, to perform the essential duties of the position they seek. Assistance could include help in completing on-line application as well as providing alternative communication, e.g., Braille and Large Print.
Job Type: Full-time
- Management: 2 years
- customer service: 1 year