Hi. We're ecobee, a proudly Canadian hardware company transforming the way energy is used in the home. As first-to-market pioneers in the connected home space, we introduced the world's first smart Wi-Fi compatible thermostat. In the past year, ecobee has become, the highest rated thermostat online, and won rave reviews from consumers and media alike—not to mention doubled in size. And we're just getting started.
We are innovators in the fast-emerging connected home and IoT industries and are home to more than 300 multi-disciplined individuals that act on their genuine concern for the environment while excelling in their areas of unique expertise – from software and product development to marketing and accounting.
You're a hunter who's self-motivated and results oriented! We're looking to hire a Regional Sales Manager in Baltimore, MD to market the full line of ecobee products in Central USA (Maryland, Virginia, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Delaware, New Jersey, Kentucky, DC.) This position will be responsible for all sales activity within an account as well as developing and implementing a longer-term strategy to ensure ecobee will retain customer accounts and continue to obtain future business.
As a member of our team you will work with a driven and dedicated group of smart people in an environment where initiative and innovation are encouraged and rewarded with a competitive compensation package including stock options and a comprehensive benefits plan.
Ways you can contribute day one;
Who Are You:
- Achieve sales targets for new business sales to contractors and distributors
- Regularly conduct training sessions and business revues with key strategic partners and stakeholders
- Host best in class customer demonstrations and manage systems testing in the assigned region
- Increase distribution and product sales through existing distributors and strategic recruitment of new distributor partners; build and maintain strong relationships, increase visibility and sell full product line to HVAC distributors and contractors
- Enhance ecobee awareness and product engagement by building, managing, training, and motivating an independent rep sales force to support distribution and contractor partners
- Recognize trends in the market, and be fully knowledgeable of competitive activities to regularly communicates information to the management team
- Demonstrates knowledge of account history, and the processes and procedures specific to each area and the key issues for each account
- Prepare and report upon sales and territory activities; maintain up to date records of accounts, key contact information, call activities, opportunities, results, in Sales Force
- Prepare detailed forecasts of short and long-term sales objectives
What we are offering:
- College degree or equivalent designation
- 2+ years of sales experience within the HVAC or related industry
- Solid understanding of the two-step distribution process
- Ability to travel within Central US as well as quarterly / bi-annual travel to National Sales meetings at ecobee's HQ in Toronto
- Proficient at working independently and have a home office
- Valid driver's license and vehicle is required
- An opportunity to grow with a dynamic company, personal and professional growth
- Truly meaningful work that effects our planet
- Ability to work on IoT products using new emerging technologies
- Small collaborative teams where you can impact both product and culture
- Learning opportunities supported by an education fund for every employee
- Community support through our ecobee acts program
Are you the one we're looking for? If so, we would love to hear from you!
ecobee is committed workplace diversity and will provide accommodation to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process.