Vox Media employees thrive on innovation and change while ambitiously seeking to master their subject areas, hone their craft, and improve their communities. We help smart, talented, creative professionals make a meaningful impact in media, technology and the world around them. The Vox Media house of brands includes industry-leading media forces like SB Nation, Eater, The Verge, Vox, Curbed, Recode, Racked and Polygon, and reaches an audience of hundreds of millions, generating over a billion content views each month.
Vox Media’s commerce team is expanding, and we are looking for a commerce manager to be responsible for creating content, strategizing, providing data and supporting the contributors around commerce-related content. They will work to ensure commerce is well integrated into the SB Nation network. This role will report to the Senior Director of Commerce.
- Write regular articles about shopping, deals, product recommendations, etc
- Pay attention to deals and sales in the industry
- Experiment with various content formats to drive traffic and sales conversions
- Work closely with the editorial, social, and data teams to continuously improve the effectiveness of your work
- Use affiliate marketing tools including link builders and data portals
- Create content templates for contributors within the SB Nation network to utilize
- Ensure that SB Nation content is optimized for commerce
- Act as a liaison between SB Nation and affiliate partners
- Strategize with team site bloggers on effective content utilizing conversion data
About working at Vox Media:
- 2+ years of editorial experience: Ideally you have worked in a busy digital media environment and are used to quick turnarounds.
- Awareness of commerce trends: you should be aware of the growing commerce and affiliate space and pay attention to trends and happenings in the industry.
- SEO knowledge: You should know some tips and tricks coming in.
- Highly adaptable and quick to learn processes.
- Open to change: Keeping in mind that this content has goals related to audience and revenue, you need to be mindful and aware of what is working and what is not.
- Have a deep knowledge of sports news and trends
This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefits—including flexible hours and generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees and to ensure that our healthcare and other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging and fun—and who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.