The BU Functional Chemicals has an outstanding opportunity for a passionate, seasoned professional to assume the role of Human Resource Business Partner. This position is located at the manufacturing site in Lima, OH. This site is a Joint Venture between two of the largest chemical companies in the world – AkzoNobel and BASF. This role will have exposure to future opportunities with in both organizations.
- Act as an agile HR generalist for the Joint Venture site in Lima, OH US, as an integral part of the local Site Leadership Team.
- Deploy HR knowledge, professionalism and business knowledge for the benefit of the day-to-day business and HR objectives.
- Add value through adapting an HR strategy that meets the site’s dynamic people and process needs.
- Embeds corporate People Strategies and ensures site programs remain well coordinated and aligned.
- Implement initiatives to enhance local leadership development, increase engagement among staff, improving leadership effectiveness, driving positive change and increased productivity.
- Champion the HR Service Delivery Model at the site.
- Develop, implement and provide strategic guidance for both JV partners’ Corporate HR programs and maintain site HR functions that are in compliance with established policies, procedures, federal, state and local laws and regulations (i.e. affirmative action, EEO, and diversity objectives.) This includes investigating and resolving external and internal issues.
- Manage labor relations, contract administration/grievance process and represent Company in negotiations, arbitrations, including preparation of proposal, exhibits, witnesses etc. for the site’s 32 union employees
- Assist in implementation of manpower planning including talent management for hourly and salaried positions and provide site personnel with opportunities to maintain and develop proper skills and career objectives.
- Facilitate the elements of engagement including but not limited to survey completion, communicating results, action planning, and coaching.
- Review and Modify existing and proposed training programs to assure development initiatives are in accordance with business needs and serve as owner of Process Safety Management Framework Building Blocks 3 & 4: Competency Matrix and Training Plans.
- Serve as communication / crisis media spokesperson.
- Track training compliance including on the job, operator (re)certification, regulatory and non-regulatory training programs, seminars, conferences, etc.
- Accountable for salary administration, performance management and serve as Site Document Control Coordinator.
- Serve on the employee led Behavior Based Safety committee in the role of Facilitator with responsibility for keeping the team within charter, connecting the committee with the Site Leadership Team, and protecting the interests of the employee owned process.
December 31, 2099
Full time/part time
Job requirements/Candidate profile
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business, Legal or other related areas.
- 5-8 years of relevant work experience within an industrial environment providing Generalist HR support.
- Must have at least 5 years of strong hands-on Labor Relations/Employee Relations experience and experience with contract negotiations.
- Experience within a multinational business environment preferred.
- Geographic and functional experience: HR generalist experience, preferably within the US.
As a leading specialty chemical company AkzoNobel is proud to offer a competitive compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, dental and vision coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and much more.
Employment at AkzoNobel is contingent upon the successful completion of both pre-employment background checks and drug screening. All candidates hired must be able to provide proper documentation of their eligibility to work in the US.
AkzoNobel is an E-Verify Employer.
AkzoNobel is an Equal Opportunity Employer.