Informatica is the only Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader that accelerates data-driven digital transformation. Informatica enables companies to unleash the power of data to fuel innovation, become more agile and realize new growth opportunities, resulting in intelligent market disruptions. With over 7,000 customers worldwide, Informatica is the trusted leader in Enterprise Cloud Data Management.
The sales teams play a vital role not only with regard to revenue generation, but also with Informatica’s reputation in the marketplace. We are the frontline evangelists, the direct line to our customers. Our success is due to the knowledge that we can confidently stand behind every product we offer as well as the unlimited potential for personal and professional growth that a position in Sales affords us.
This position plays a lead role in supporting technical field personnel on delivering Informatica Big Data solutions across industries and verticals. You’ll act as a technical member of the sales team and work to ensure technical wins during sales cycles by performing technical qualification of Big Data opportunities, architecture solutions, performing solution demonstrations, and proving Informatica’s technical capabilities.
Our Ideal Candidate
You have demonstrable experience in deploying best practices and methodologies with Data Integration technologies to address Big Data challenges, in a variety of Cloud and on-premise environments. You possess excellent technical, troubleshooting, and organizational skills, and an ability to collaborate with client and sales teams, employing good written and verbal communication skills.
You’ll work with account managers, channel managers, solution architects, professional services, and partners to define and execute account plans and sales strategies for pursuing specific opportunities. You’ll also define and propose technical architectures (including associated business and technical benefits) that meet the objectives and requirements of the prospects. A key part of this role is explaining and demonstrating the benefit of Informatica’s Big Data line of products (architecture, features, technical/business benefits, competitive differentiators etc.) to prospects through presentations, detailed discussions, demos, and other proof points in order to reinforce the value proposition driven by the account team. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Develop and deliver product enablement in area of expertise
- Provide Product Management, Product Marketing, and other corporate personnel with input and feedback on product direction, individual features, positioning, and competitive discoveries.
- Grow and enhance your personal knowledge of industry trends, company solutions, information technology, and your competition.
- Advanced Degree in Computer Science or technical discipline related to data integration and/or Big Data OR
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or technical discipline related to data integration and/or Big Data plus 5 years of experience in implementation and/or pre-sales on ‘Big Data’-related projects or technical sales cycles
- Experience working with Big Data technologies (Hive, Spark etc.)
- Solid knowledge working with Linux/Unix
- Experience with Informatica Big Data Management, or similar Big Data integration suites (Talend, Pentaho, Ab Initio) - a plus
- Experience with Cloud ecosystems predominantly AWS and Azure - a plus
Informatica LLC offers a competitive compensation package that includes base salary, medical, retirement, flexible time off and more. Our generous benefits vary depending on your geographic work location. It’s an exciting time to work at Informatica, you can learn more about our company, and our products and services at www.informatica.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).