Contributes to the integrated hospital network by assuming responsibility for the collection of records and imaging on new patients thus providing a seamless process that supports the clinic and physicians. The outcome will be increased patient satisfaction and physician productivity.
- Procures medical records, radiology reports and films from the various treating facilities and physician offices on all new incoming patients prior to their arrival to their first appointment.
- Assembles and audits a new patient record for review of accuracy.
- Completes records collection timely and well-organized for clinical stakeholders.
- Documents into the electronic record when outside records and imaging are requested and received.
- Maintains confidential patient files.
- Communicates to supervisor any missing records or issues that need to be resolved.
- Provides support by answering phones and returns calls in a timely manner.
- Takes on additional tasks, as needed to help with cohesiveness of the team.
- Assists Manager with special projects/duties as requested.
- Two (2) years of professional experience in multifaceted online computer applications is required; two (2) to five (5) years of professional experience in an office setting, hospital, or medical office setting is preferred.
- High School Diploma or GED is required.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task and utilize critical thinking skills to overcome obstacles, strong communication skills.
- Medical Assistant or C.N.A experience is preferred.
- Medical Terminology knowledge is preferred.
The Best Place to Work
We call ourselves Stakeholders because we all have a stake in the care and success of every patient. Today, CTCA Stakeholders deliver healing and hope to patients fighting complex and advanced cancer in Atlanta, GA, Chicago, IL, Philadelphia, PA, Phoenix, AZ and Tulsa, OK. Each of our hospitals earned a Best Place to Work distinction and receives numerous accreditations that celebrate our culture of clinical quality, innovation, high performance and wellness.
Beyond The Resume, What We Look For
We select people with talent—people who thrive in an environment of continuous improvement. We are creative and resourceful problem solvers. We are inventors and innovators. As a CTCA Stakeholder, you make the difference in the life of a patient.