Greensboro, Cone Health
Full Time (40 hours/week)
1.0 (40 hours/week)
M-F, 8 am-5 pm
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or Computer Science preferred.
3-5 years’ experience supervising or managing in a Call Center environment.
The Call Center Manager supports the effective execution of the policies and procedures of the Service Response Center and IT Help Desk. This position translates Cone Health’s service goals, strategies, iCARE Commitments to Care and mission into the department’s long term program and service plan. The Call Center Manager assists the Director by driving process improvement through re-engineering initiatives including interdepartmental improvements with Support Services Departments and Patient Care Services to foster an exceptional service oriented culture.
MAJOR WORK ACTIVITIES (MWA’S):
1. Select, hire, schedule, counsel, motivate, evaluate and supervise the Service Response Center and IT Help Desk. Follows and insures staff’s compliance with Cone Health’s ICARE model, policies and procedures. (10%)
2. Provides supervisory oversight of the call center. Manages, evaluates and audits communication, trouble shooting and triage of all service requests. Investigates any job or system failures and participates in the correcting of the problems as quickly as possible. (15%)
3. Performs in-depth investigation of specific front-line incidents, establishes workflow, training and service recovery opportunities. (10%)
4. Leads the team in providing top excellent Customer Service and utilizes tools to measure and improve performance. (15%)
5. Monitors, communicates and evaluates department key performance indicators using best practice call center tools and processes. (10%)
6. Works with the team to address issues with end users, clinicians and patients in resolution of hardware, software, network and operating system problems. (10%)
7. Monitors SLAs, ensures proper escalation, communicates results to supported teams regularly and works with colleagues to address concerns and improve processes. (10%)
8. Serves as system administrator for call center software and works with teams on use and expansion. Maintains and patches system as required. (10%)
9. Serves in disaster communication as required for SWATs and Cone Health disaster communication. (10%)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:Required:
- Knowledge and proficiency of call center management tools and principles.
- Proficiency in quality improvement tools and processes.
- Experience in call center consolidation
- Strong communication, organization, planning, project management, facilitation and influencing skills.
- Excellent working knowledge of micro-computers and their components including: Operating Systems, Microsoft family
- Superior customer relation skills
- Ability to supervise others
- Ability to interact and engage with patients, guests and staff from different populations and age demographics.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and high stress environment
- Ability to work weekends
- Typing 40 wpm
- Excellent Microsoft Office Skills
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Knowledge of the Epic family of products.
- Networking and infrastructure knowledge.
- Knowledge of operations of support services to include Nutritional Services, Environmental, Facilities and Clinical Engineering.
ABOUT CONE HEALTH:
- Annual flu shot
- Annual TB test (if applicable to your job location)
- Annual CBL’s (Safety at Work and Corporate Compliance)
- Maintain licensure/certification/registry/listing without lapse (if applicable to your job)
Cone Health is a state of the art network of facilities providing patients access to the latest developments in medical care from their first moments of life through later years. Our network offers the most breakthrough treatments and technology available in healthcare today. As a teaching hospital, we offer employees the opportunity to become leaders in the industry and continued growth from their first day on. Extraordinary patient care is about being “high-touch” as well as “high-tech”. Community service and superior patient care are the cornerstones of our organization, a philosophy that is demonstrated by each and every one of our valued team members. We are proud to be the largest private, not-for-profit employer of choice in the Piedmont, NC area community. Additionally, as one of the region’s largest and most comprehensive health networks, Cone Health has more than 100 locations, including six hospitals, three ambulatory care centers, three outpatient surgery centers, four urgent care centers, a retirement community, and more than 100 physician practice sites. Our tagline – “The Network for Exceptional Care” – highlights our commitment to excellence, which is shared by our more than 11,000 employees, 1,300 physicians and 1,200 volunteers.
Cone Health is an equal opportunity employer. If you require assistance with our online job submission process, please contact our Talent Acquisition team at 866-266-3767 to request an accommodation.