IN-HOUSE COUNSEL - DATA PRIVACY
Our client is a global leader in the development of high-quality Artificial Intelligence. This is an excellent opportunity to work in-house with a very well-known and highly regarded company.
The ideal candidate is will be able to work a flexible schedule in order to accommodate meeting worldwide. This person will have excellent communication skills and will be able to work well with executive level team members.
This position will be responsible for:
- Advise internal stakeholders and offer actionable guidance and solutions on the application, impact and implementation of all applicable global privacy and data protection laws, including GDPR, HIPAA, the California Consumer Privacy Act and other national, state and industry-specific laws, regulations and standards.
- Assist with the development, review and resolution of DPIAs/PIAs.
- Implement, support and report on data privacy operational compliance requirements – e.g. Data privacy impact assessment process, data subject access review process – for applicable data privacy laws. Advise product management and engineering teams on a full range of issues related to new and existing products and services throughout the entire product life-cycle such as those relating to privacy and security by design and default, software licensing, intellectual property protection, open source issues and data governance and retention
- Negotiate and review commercial and sales agreements, generally but with a focus on privacy and data protection risks in licensing, OEM arrangements, partnerships, contractor and vendor agreements
- Draft and/or revise internal and external-facing privacy policies and program documents
- Collaborate with Information Security and other stakeholders to handle incident response, including the review, coordination and management of potential privacy or data security incidents and related investigations, notifications and other resolution efforts
- Create and provide relevant training and ongoing awareness to internal clients and other stakeholders
- Serve on the Privacy Committee and provide legal and strategic guidance on privacy activities, including cross-functional initiatives
- Review marketing materials and other communications relating to the design and operation of products and services, including to assist in the communication of data use and protection
- Bachelor Degree required, JD preferred and active bar membership in at least one U.S. jurisdiction
- IAPP certification a plus
- 3+ years of combined, relevant experience in law firms, governmental agencies, and/or in-house legal departments advising on a full range of product development matters
- Familiarity with launching global products and advising on the legal and regulatory aspects of software product development in the technology space
- Fluency in translating legal advice into actionable guidance for innovative product and business teams
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and manage projects effectively
- Sound and practical business judgment, intellectual creativity, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication and negotiation skills
FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION – APPLY NOW!
Please email your resume to Lindsey Stewart if you have the above experience referencing the job title, DATA PRIVACY COUNSEL, in all caps in the subject line of your email. Your inquiries are always held in the strictest confidence. If this position is not for you, feel free to forward it on to a friend! Visit www.lawdawgs.com to learn about the additional opportunities we have to offer. Please be advised that due to the overwhelming number of resumes received, only applicants with relevant experience will be contacted.
ABOUT LAW DAWGS / QUID PRO QUO
LAW DAWGS and Quid Pro Quo are leading specialized full-service legal and corporate recruitment and placement companies providing a complete range of attorney, paralegal and support staff recruitment solutions to the legal, corporate and government communities. Our placement and recruitment specialists have been providing professional, personalized service to our clients and our candidates for almost two decades. Positions secured include: Contract Attorneys, Associate/Lateral Attorneys, Partners/Of-Counsel, In-House Corporate Attorneys, Litigation/Trial Preparation Teams, Record Digesters and Contract Administrators, Legal Assistants, Paralegals, Legal Secretaries, Executive Assistants, Administrative Assistants, File Clerks, Word Processors, Receptionists and all support staff.
Our Recruitment Specialists are attorneys, executives, legal and corporate professionals, and we have earned one of the most respected reputations in the industry for attracting top local and national clients and the best in professional talent.
LAW DAWGS and Quid Pro Quo seek candidates and fill positions at all levels of the law firm or corporation. Specific positions may be on an Interim, Project, Temporary-to-Hire, or Direct Hire basis.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 3 years (Preferred)
- Active member of the Washington or Oregon State Bar (Preferred)
- Professional development assistance
- Relocation assistance
- Parental leave
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Signing bonus
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance