It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they are doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and excellent customer service.
Strategic Projects Manager will work on supporting strategic initiatives in the areas of access and referrals for the medical group. The Strategic Projects Manager will analyze problems and opportunities, identify alternative solutions, project consequences of proposed actions and submit recommendations that support the organizational mission, vision, and strategic goals while demonstrating fiscal accountability; with a strong focus on the referral appointment process, identification of opportunities as well as brainstorming solutions, tracking of referral alignment metrics and EMR referral build. The Strategic Projects Manager will collaborate with Access Department members to assist in projects related to helping BHMG reach its organizational goals. The Strategic Projects Manager will be responsible for meeting deadlines and for managing expectations concerning project deadlines (while on-time delivery is the expectation, it is also expected that the appropriate parties would be updated as needed when project deadline is ‘at risk’).
Strategic Projects Manager will work collaboratively with key stakeholders across the health system. This individual will be required to engage key stakeholders and work with cross-organizational work teams where diplomacy, sensitivity, conflict resolution and consensus-building skills are critical.
In summary, the Strategic Projects Manager will have the responsibility to deliver high quality analyses, proposed solutions, and recommendations for business process transformation that are based on common, repeatable work methods, all in support of the strategic initiatives assigned to Access / Referrals. The Manager may perform other duties, as assigned, both major and minor.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
The following is a summary of the major functions of this individual's job. He or she may perform other duties, both major and minor, not mentioned below, and specific functions may change from time to time.
1. Document project deliverables, work plans, and milestones. Provide ongoing progress reports to stakeholders and leadership. Meeting deadlines and managing expectatons is essential for success in this role.
2. Proactively identify risks, manage issues, and escalate when appropriate to ensure that informed decisions are made in a timely manner.
3. Provide knowledge transfer to operational leader(s) and support staff to ensure successful, efficient integration of project work plans and deliverables.
4. Develop processes and procedures to support successful execution of strategic priorities.
5. Advocate corporate integrity through compliance with the BHS Corporate Compliance Program.
6. Collaborates with leadership to review current state and identify annual goals and objectives for the organization.
7. Collaborates with Epic Team to assume operational responsibility for EMR referral build and decisions related to the build and workflows. Meets regular with Cadence and Ambulatory IT Teams to optimize EMR build processes and workflows to meet referral management initiatives as set by BHMG senior leadership.
8. Serves as the point of contact for operations to review referral and scheduling related opportunities for improvement.
9. Actively participates in obtaining referral data, reviewing and developing into presentations and reports for leadership; providing analysis and recommendations that are data driven.
10. Acts as a Liaison between BHMG and hospital patient access leadership teams to cultivate and maintain a collaborative relationship. Works to identify access, scheduling and communication barriers and engages appropriate stakeholders to find applicable solutions.
11. Collaborates with hospital medical staff and leadership on workflows to update provider affiliation statuses for referral management within Epic.
12. Other duties as assigned in order to reach the goals and objectives of the Access Department.
Minimum Education, Training and Experience Required:
1. BA/BS in Healthcare or Business related field. Equivalent and relevant experience may be used to offset some educational requirement.
2. Previous experience working in a physician practice; preference given to those individuals who have scheduling, referral management and/or revenue cycle knowledge and experience.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!