YMCA Buffalo Niagara fulfills its mission by offering a full spectrum, of youth development, health and wellness, social, and recreational programs to more than 100,000 people in Western New York, regardless of race, religion, age, ability, and income level.
As a dynamic, charitable community-based organization, the Y provides financial assistance to thousands of youth, families, and seniors each year so that they can take part in YMCA membership and programs. YMCA Buffalo Niagara is comprised of seven branches throughout Western New York, YMCA Resident Camp Weona, and provides program at over 40 community based program sites.
YMCA Buffalo Niagara is looking for talented individuals with a passion for the YMCA mission and cause, an understanding of YMCA programs and services, and whose everyday priorities are a reflection of core YMCA values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
Instructs participants in water fitness classes.
STATUS: Non-exempt, part-time
SALARY & BENEFITS: Competitive salary; complimentary Family Masterkey Membership
SCHEDULE: The preferred candidate will have consistent availability to conduct their water fitness classes. Targeted range of class times include 9:00-11:00AM or 5:30-8:00PM on Mondays, Wednesdays, and/or Fridays.
1. Conducts an effective and fun water fitness program, which meets YMCA standards.
2. Is alert, friendly and responsive to swimmers, parents and co-workers.
3. Ensures participant retention and enrollment growth.
4. Assists in conducting member surveys. Achieves a 25% response rate and a 90% satisfaction rate.
5. Records attendance and related participant data.
6. Attends all staff meetings and training sessions as required.
7. Maintains all required certifications.
8. Ensures a safe program environment. Reports and treats any injuries.
9. Carries out other duties as assigned.
1. Must be at least 18 years old.
2. Current American Red Cross, American Heart Association or American Health & Safety Institute CPR Pro, AED, First Aid, Oxygen Administration certifications.
3. Demonstrated ability and prior experience leading group water fitness classes.
4. YMCA or American Red Cross lifeguard certification is preferred.
Mission Statement: YMCA Buffalo Niagara is a charitable, community based organization committed to providing programs designed to build a healthy spirit, mind, and body for all.
YMCA Buffalo Niagara is an equal opportunity employer committed to valuing diversity and practicing inclusion.