Van Millwork, one of the largest interior millwork suppliers in Eastern Massachusetts is looking to hire a Staff Accountant. We’ve been in business for over 40 years, are experts in the interior millwork business and cater to professional builders, architects and homeowners in the Greater Boston, Eastern Mass and Cape Cod and Islands areas. www.vanmillwork.com
Some Responsibilities include:
- Monthly closing of financial statements and maintenance of all related schedules and budgets in a timely and accurate manner
- Posting daily and monthly GL entries.
- Performing daily and monthly bank reconciliations.
- Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable.
- Assisting in the development and monitoring of the Company budget
- Conducting ad hoc research and in-depth variance analysis, assist with audits and special tasks/projects.
- Assisting with the budgeting and forecasting process.
- Participating in projects aimed at streamlining current Accounting/ Finance processes.
- Producing financial reporting that is insightful and usable
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 3+ years relevant experience
- Strong understanding of period-end processes and account reconciliations
- Proficiency in MS Office, particularly Excel
- Self-starting, high energy, with strong attention to detail and strong organizations skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize, and meet deadlines
- Distribution or Manufacturing experience a plus
- Experience with similar size company – small company – 35 employees
Please forward resume along with cover letter and salary expectations to Janet. Reference job code; Staff Accountant
Job Type: Full-time
- Accounting: 3 years (Required)