Troop 6000 Program Director
To provide administrative support to the Troop 6000 Girl Scout Shelter Program
including, but not limited to:
communicating with volunteers, recruitment activities, and volunteer
- Report to and work collaboratively with the Director of Troop 6000 to ensure support programs
for girls in New York City Homeless Shelters.
- Provide exceptional customer service to Troop 6000 volunteers and ensure that all support
needs are met.
- Provide administrative and clerical support, including processing program registrations,
confirmations and paperwork while providing quality customer service.
- Assist with coordination and implementation of special events, including one day events, camp
opportunities and trips.
- Work with diverse staff and volunteers to provide support and assist in the delivery of Council-
sponsored programs, and articulate relevant information as needed to the membership.
- Frequent, required evening and weekend meetings to include recruitment and special events.
- Work collaboratively with the Membership Services Department and programs as part of a
cross-functional team providing customer service and support to establish membership.
- Manage volunteer data via Salesforce.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Experience working with volunteers a plus.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills.
- Must be able to commit to a flexible work schedule, including some weekend daytime programs
and occasional weeknights, and travel throughout the five boroughs.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple responsibilities/deadlines, and perform well under
- Creativity, vision and the ability to motivate volunteers.
- Proficiency in identifying, analyzing and solving problems.
- Ability to manage time, work independently, provide customer service, and handle several
projects at once.
- Computer-literate, with knowledge of: Microsoft Office, Salesforce and Office Suite.
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Troop 6000
Administrative Assistant” in the subject line of your e-mail. Resumes received without a cover letter will
not be considered. No phone calls please.
The Girl Scouts of Greater New York are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive. It is intended to identify the essential
functions and requirements of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform job-related
responsibilities and tasks other than those stated in this description. Any essential function or
requirement of this job will be evaluated as necessary should an incumbent or applicant be unable to
perform the function or requirement due to a disability as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act
(ADA). Reasonable accommodation(s) for the specific disability will be made for the incumbent or
applicant when possible.