The Quality Control Developer assists with mid-office quality control programming. World Travel, Inc. has an opportunity for a strong analyst and developer who can work with application development across the company’s Business Solutions, Information Technology, and Operations Teams. Candidate must be able to program mid-office routines and processes to increase travel agent productivity, reduce errors, and lower costs. Successful candidate must have significant experience with developing code, and keeping code secure
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Draft and document code quickly and efficiently.
- Scope customers’ requests for quality controls and assist in developing solutions to such requests.
- Audit current practices to ensure efficiency.
- Create new and enhance current mid-office programming and routines that are clean and efficient; test and integrate same.
- Identify opportunities for automating and streamlining mid-office processes.
- Provide internal and external customer support in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
- At least 3 years’ experience with business operations or information technology systems within the hospitality industry; travel agency or corporate travel management experience strongly preferred.
- Experience as a project manager strongly preferred.
- Experience with SAP Business Objects.
- Experience as a travel reservationist/agent
Education and Experience Requirements
- Significant experience with GDSX COMPLEAT or substantially similar travel industry mid-office quality control programming.
- Must have substantial experience with more than one Global Distribution System (GDS) technology.
- More than 2 years’ experience in a .NET environment in a mid-sized company.
- More than 2 years’ experience with Microsoft SQL server environment, SQL2012 experience strongly preferred.
- More than 2 years’ experience with Microsoft Access.
- B.S. in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent.
- Proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
Working Conditions, Schedule:
- Full Time – Salaried – Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. (ET) to 5:00 p.m. (ET)
- On-call availability.
- Sitting for long periods of time.
- Some travel required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin
Job Type: Full-time
- .NET and MS SQL and MS ACCESS: 2 years (Preferred)
- Business Operations: 3 years (Preferred)
- Global Distribution System (GDS) technology: 3 years (Preferred)