II-VI Optical Systems' designs, manufactures, assembles and tests precision optical systems and components. Our products have been deployed on military platforms such as submarines, tanks, missiles, fighter jets and UAV's. II-VI Optical Systems has grown over the years from a provider of specialty optical materials to a full service provider of optical components and optical systems.
Since its establishment in 1961, II-VI Optical Systems has maintained a commitment to customer satisfaction and continuous improvement. Our commitment to customer satisfaction is achieved by continuous training of our staff with focus on quality, on-time delivery, and cost reduction. From the initial customer inquiry to final delivery, meeting the customer's requirements is our primary objective.
The main function is to Manage II-VI OS's Max Levy ("Heritage") product line. This person is responsible for supervising the daily tactical operations, capturing and communicating external and internal customer requirements and acting as the liaison to ensure enhancement of customer relations resulting in increased customer satisfaction and revenue generation. The tasks include quotation through shipment, inclusive of account development, coordination of customer documentation through ERP management and order fulfillment, quality of services, program and product delivery and problem resolution. This person provides and collects input and prepares booking budget, forecasts, and long-term plans for review and approval by Director of Business Development and Order Management. This person contributes to the Business Development team's achievement of budgeted and forecasted bookings and interfaces with relevant personnel within II-VI OS to ensure appropriate issues are communicated in a timely and effective manner. The Product Line Manager monitors and provides feedback on addressable market, market trends, competitors and competitive position, and opportunities for new products and marketing strategies. This person assists with advertising and marketing activities, including participation in trade shows and conferences.
Education: BS in Optical Engineering, Physics or equivalent
Experience: Minimum 10 or 15 years in relevant technical sales and marketing with exposure or direct experience in the photonics and/or machine vision markets
Special Abilities: 1) Knowledge and experience in sales and marketing.
2) Knowledge of the Photonics Industry related to the Company's product.
3) Technical knowledge of optics/applications, laser, coating technology, photolithography, laser, and machine vision applications.
4) Ability to perform many tasks simultaneously, including the daily activities necessary to exceed the job requirements.
5) Consistently presents a professional image in the marketplace in actions, communication and appearance.
6) Ability to effectively interface with customers and principals at various procurement, management and engineering levels.
7) Ability to cost, prepare and deliver effective quotations to customers.
8) Ability to prepare and deliver effective presentations to customers, co-workers and other constituencies.
9) Ability to manage critical corporate customers and accounts.11) Familiar with ITAR and BIS export regulations, US Govt FARS
10) Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
11) Ability to comprehend (including technical concepts) and communicate at a high level.
Must be able to control, at appropriate levels, proprietary company information, confidential company information and classified information.
Contacts with Others:
1) Effective communication (both written and verbal) and the development of effective working relationships with all levels within II-VI OS
2) Effective written and verbal communication with customer's senior management, business administrative personnel, R&D and technical personnel, and contract/procurement management
3) Good communication with sister division Sales and Marketing personnel.
4) Effective communication with Federal, State and Local government representatives and various personnel at National Research Labs.
Poor judgment/decisions in communication, technical understanding, pricing and other areas may result in the loss of significant business opportunities and/or lost revenues and profits. Responsibility for assisting in the development of bids and proposals consistent with established policy and supported with appropriate management approval.
II-VI Optical Systems is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.