*Imperative! MUST be meticulous with a strong attention to detail. MUST have strong organizational skills.
- Answers telephone, directs calls and takes messages using good telephone technique.
- Greets and assists everyone who comes into the office in a professional and courteous manner.
- Data entry into Clear Care of all new clients, prospective clients, associates and vendors.
- Assists staffing coordinator with pre-screening of applicants, and hiring process.
- Sets appointments for new applicants, and explains the initial application process.
- Assists with recruiting; i.e. tracking incoming calls, number of applicants, and new hires.
- Assists Staffing Coordinators with checking associate work references.
- Photocopies all appropriate identification of new associates.
- Verifies valid licenses and certifications with appropriate licensing body.
- Handles incoming/outgoing mail.
- Prepares new hire packets, new client homecare record books, and client information packets.
- Distributes weekly payroll checks to associates.
- Keeps office supply inventory and orders supplies as needed.
- Maintains petty cash for office purchases
- Enters new employees into the HKP payroll system
- Maintains the University courses for the CERT reward program
- Sets up, prepares and helps run new employee orientation
- Maintains current documents for various audits
- Works with State of Louisiana: i.e. Louisiana Workforce Commission forms
- Monitors certifications and notifies employees of renewal requirements.
- Enters new employees, terminates employees, manages vacation requests and inputs hours in payroll system.
- Assists staffing coordinators as needed.
- Assists Staffing Department with On Call Duties.
Additional (non-essential) Functions
- Other general office and clerical functions.
- Other duties assigned by the Operations Manager.
Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Availability
- Self starter.
- High School graduate or equivalent with two years of business experience..
- Basic office and computer skills, and organizational abilities. Excellent interpersonal relations abilities. Excellent telephone skills.
- Knowledge of common medical terminology.
- Able to work independently, demonstrating sound judgment.
- Ability to maintain strictly confidential information, specifically in HR duties.
- Read, write, speak, and understand English as needed for the job.
Works out of the local office.
Works under the direction of the Operations Manager.
Job Type: Full-time
- Administrative Support: 1 year