The Integrated Systems and Concepts Group (99) develops advanced electro-optical sensors and systems for surveillance and reconnaissance from ground-based, airborne and space borne platforms, as well as processing architectures and communication systems to support the rapid tasking, exploitation and dissemination of data collected by the surveillance systems. Group 99 needs an IT professional to support their efforts in research, testing, and deploying of systems. Daily responsibilities include installing/configuring IT systems (desktop and server class), security management, design/development/deployment of databases, networks, virtualized systems, data backup, etc. Responsibilities span from debugging Linux kernels, repairing RAID arrays, general troubleshooting, network & router configuration. The candidate will be supporting engineers and must be able to quickly adapt to new technologies required by the work environment. An ability to script/program to automate tasks is required.
Assignment: The selected candidate will perform the following:
Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
- IT Infrastructure, Networking, Cloud, system architecture design, system configuration management, system troubleshooting and database management.
- Responsible for management, administration, configuration, deployment, and support of the Lab IT systems infrastructure.
- Responsible for configuring and maintaining (physical and virtual) servers and user workstations along with software and hardware deployments.
- Responsible for Data Center/Server Room operations.
- Support additional new technologies as they are adopted by the Laboratory.
- Ensure system availability; OS builds/upgrades; system patching; IT inventory management; apply OS configuration to new systems; troubleshoot host/server failures and related issues (i.e. domain controller problems); perform routine data backups; documenting maintenance actions taken; component diagrams; trusted downloading; seal maintenance (whenever security seals are broken/replaced); transportation plans (information gathering); electronic audit trail backups; document and prepare Memorandums of Understanding / Interconnection Service Agreements; security compliance management.
- Perform all related duties as assigned.
Preferred Experience, Skills
- Candidate will have a MS plus 3 years minimum experience, or BS plus 5 years minimum experience.
- Candidate will have experience with UNIX/Linux, Windows, VMware, Cisco IOS.
- Candidate will have experience with the following hardware: Intel/AMD, Cisco, Dell, Apple, EMC, NetApp.
- Candidate will have experience with the following networking applications and protocols: TCP/IP, DNS, NTP, DHCP, SSH, FTP and HTTP/S.
- Candidate will have experience with system auditing, hardening and firewall configurations.
- Candidate should be enthusiastic, innovative and motivated self-starters able to work independently, or with a group, to achieve program requirements.
- Candidate must possess strong oral and written communications skills, and must be able to present findings/results to internal and external organizations.
- It is desirable that higher level candidates within this category possess management or supervisory experience.
Candidate must be a US citizen.
Occasional travel may be required.
MUST BE U.S. CITIZEN –All personnel must successfully pass a Commercial Background Investigation (CBI) before receiving facility access and obtain a DoD Interim Clearance.