Food City Distribution Center - Now Hiring
Food City is committed to the communities we serve. Over the past several months, we have welcomed over 2,500 new associates to our Food City team. Effective immediately, we plan to hire 50 additional associates at the Food City Distribution Center in Abingdon, VA. This includes various warehousing/distribution positions.
Food City is a local, family owned and operated company with lots of growth opportunity and offers a generous benefits package, including competitive salaries, comprehensive training, healthcare coverage, with medical and dental plans, 401(k) with a 3% company match, paid vacation, vision coverage, company paid life and disability plans, and an Employee Stock Ownership Plan. In addition to these great benefits, Food City also offers advancement opportunities to associates who wish to progress within a growing company.
We invite all interested candidates to apply online at FoodCityCareers.com to complete an employment application.
Work associated with this position involves assembling customer orders through selection from assigned slots, ensuring that orders are picked according to customer specifications; and transporting picked orders to shipping dock area.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Selects/obtains appropriate equipment.
- Obtains pallets, based on store requirements.
- Use Vocollect unit to obtain assignments.
- Selects orders under engineered labor standards from correctly assigned aisle; heavy merchandise placed on the bottom and light merchandise on top of the pallet reporting any shorted product through the Vocollect unit.
- Cleans up spills from damaged merchandise and transports it to the damaged goods area.
- Transports completed orders to the shipping dock area either loading or staging depending on order type.
- Places orders in the designated “bay” on the shipping dock.
- Selects reworked merchandise whenever possible.
- Follows specified procedures in handling out-of-stock situations.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $14.00 - $16.00 per hour
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Referral Program
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Insurance
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma