Investment Analyst, OPTAS CAPITAL, San Francisco, CA
Optas Capital is seeking an experienced investment analyst to conduct ongoing due diligence on ETFs, mutual funds, and SMAs for their wealth management firm with $600M+ AUM. The ideal candidate is an independent, critical thinker who enjoys interviewing portfolio managers to vet existing and potential investment opportunities. This role also assists in the design and implementation of asset allocation strategies as informed by macroeconomic conditions.
- Conduct due diligence and draft memos on each ETF, mutual fund, and SMA that Optas holds (annually). Utilize FactSet & Morningstar to complement interviews with portfolio managers/analysts to understand each strategy’s investment philosophy, constraints, risk and return profile, past performance, and management team.
- Leverage BlackRock and Vanguard’s advisor platforms to evaluate and stress test portfolios.
- Keep the team up to date on general market news/conditions utilizing publications like The Wall Street Journal, The Economist, and monthly publications by major asset management firms. Write bi-weekly market commentaries for client communications.
- Utilize Tamarac and FactSet to assess, compare, and report on account and fund performances.
- Generate client meeting reports, update SMA and core model performances (monthly), and upload private investment snapshots on Tamarac.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Interest and/or experience in investment research
- Proficient in Excel and financial technology
- San Francisco, CA
- Austin, TX
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 - $100,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Vision insurance
- Microsoft Excel: 2 years (Preferred)
- Financial Analysis: 1 year (Preferred)
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Remote interview process
- Virtual meetings