- This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
- 5+ years of experience in an HRBP role or related HR leadership position.
- 5+ years of experience in program/project management within HR in a complex global environment.
- Strong functional HR knowledge including immigration and relocation, compliance, compensation/total rewards, talent management, or learning and development
- Must be able to travel up to 25% of the time domestically and internationally.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a dynamic and rapidly growing business within Amazon.com. We are building some of the largest and most complex distributed systems in the world supporting customers across state and local governments, universities, large enterprise companies, financial institutions, start-ups, and global intelligence communities – we work with nearly every type of industry and customer. Some of our AWS employees hold government security clearances to support our intelligence community customers.
We are building a world class HR team of innovators who are obsessed with creating the best experience for our cleared employees who enable our government and intelligence community customers to implement innovative cloud solutions using the latest technologies. Our HR team creates programs in areas such as career mobility, leadership training, total rewards, and new region expansions. We’re looking for an expansion leader with a strong background in project management and a passion for HR, with the ability to look at a desired outcome or behavior, hypothesize how to solve for it, and experiment and test out different ideas, and assess the results with data.
As an HR Program Leader for AWS you will partner closely with other members of the HR team to develop new solutions for HR challenges unique to supporting cleared employees. Key responsibilities include, and are not limited to:
- New region expansion strategy: Our team collaborates with a set of global cross-functional teams, including compensation, benefits, immigration, relocation, policy, talent acquisition, tax, legal, finance, security, business leaders, and Customers to create new programs to enable the business to hire and expand in new regions.
- Expansion resource development: Our team is building and executing the expansion playbook to enable us to hire, train, and develop our builders to enable new regions to launch. This person will integrate with a cross-functional team of experts for the design of these regions to meet unique customer requirements. We love experimentation and we’re constantly looking for new ideas to enhance our best practices.
The successful candidate will have a demonstrated track record of:
- Program management. Build plans with clear objectives, milestones, stakeholders, and metrics.
- Prioritization. There will be a constant flow of work, both tactical and strategic, sometimes with competing priorities. Determine what gets done first and why, while managing a plan for what to do with everything else.
- Building relationships. Partner with HR Business Partners and other HR leaders, while working closely with business leaders. Share best practices, partner on solutions, and move the organizations forward together.
- Thinking big. How do we build bigger, better, faster? What aren’t we thinking of?
- Clear communication. Share your ideas verbally and in writing, listen to others, follow-up, and follow-up again.
- Being resourceful. If you don’t know how to solve it, that’s ok, but you should know where to go for the answer or how to find out.
- Bias for Action and Dealing with Ambiguity. Sometimes it is not clear how we are going to get there. Can you find a path? How fast can you do it? What are the tradeoffs?
- Using data to make decisions. Be more than comfortable talking about numbers and data in a deep and detailed way, able to tell someone what the data is actually saying.
- High judgment. Take different perspectives and business needs, develop a solution that works, move the ball forward. Be able to support your opinions with sound reasoning grounded in the business.
***Position is open to candidates who can be located in any Amazon Global Offices.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at all levels within and outside the organization
- Collaborative team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment
- Demonstrated experience in managing and influencing senior stakeholders in a matrixed environment
- Self-starter, able to handle ambiguity with a strong drive to deliver results
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to simplify complex topics for broad audiences
- Highly organized, able to prioritize and work under pressure on a number of projects at the same time.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent post-secondary degree in human resources, business, mathematics, science, or related field
- Strong understanding of P&L and business operational excellence·
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.