- Time Management
- Software Development
We have multiple Java Developer openings in Washington D.C. The opportunity is contract-to-hire including a lucrative hourly rate during short-term contract period and an excellent salary and benefits package once the individual converts. The role does offer the ability to telecommute a portion of each week. Only US Citizens will be considered for these roles.
The Java Developer will execute the following responsibilities:
1.. Participate in an agile team to deliver the full lifecycle, including requirements, architecture, design, development, testing and deployment.
2. Design, develop, and maintain code that meets requirements, is high quality, and performs efficiently and effectively to provide a great customer experience.
3. Incorporate standards and best practices, including performance, security, scalability, and maintainability.
4. Update and maintain system design documents.
5. Review and provide feedback on functional and technical requirements.
6. Define and propose solutions for meeting requirements.
7. Contributing to improvements in the software development lifecycle (SDLC) utilizing practices such as test-driven development (TDD), static code analysis, code reviews, continuous integration, continuous delivery, and automated security scanning.
8. Working closely with solutions architects to ensure system design follows the industry best practices and standards that aligned with the Judiciary framework.
9. Investing in learning and the software development efficiency of the entire office through teamwork, personal responsibility, individual and group training, and process improvement.
1. Bachelor’s degree plus at least five years (5+) of specialized experience in software development, automated testing, and debugging/ support experience in a web-based environment.
2. Expert level Java developer experience.
3. Significant experience with JSP and Servlets, or with Java Server Faces (JSF).
4. Experience with RESTful web services.
5. SQL and data modeling experience, including experience working with ORM tools/frameworks such as Hibernate (including a working knowledge of JPA).
6. Extensive experience developing applications in an agile environment.
7. Outstanding communication, organization, time management, and interpersonal skills.
8. Good written and verbal communication skills coupled with strong listening skills.
9. Experience with Git or other distributed source control system
10. Working knowledge and experience in Federal IT security guidelines and practices and Section 508/ Accessibility.
11. Working knowledge and experience in cloud-based environments.
12. Ability to contribute on an individual basis as well as demonstrate your strengths as a team player as a member of an agile team.
13. Experience communicating and collaborating with other software developers, business owners, and management.