This position closes 3/28/2019, 5:00pm.
Lottery Claim Center Specialist III-Bilingual
Posting Number: 030519
Posting Date: 03/14/2019
Closing Date: 03/28/2019, 5:00 p.m.
Salary: A13, $29,439 - $37,000/yr.
Number of Vacancies: 1 Full Time
FLSA Status: Non-exempt / Customer Service Representative III (0134)
Division: Lottery Operations
Work Location Address: 9514 Console, Suite 111, San Antonio, TX 78229
Refer to: Human Resources
Telephone: (512) 344-5000
Performs complex (journey-level) customer service and clerical duties required by the Lottery Claim Center. Work involves providing external customer service support and providing services to the public such as validating tickets, receiving and responding to various public inquiries for information, and making available general information regarding the Texas Lottery Commission. Assists with all claim center activities as requested by Headquarters. Conducts surveys, inspections and other field assignments at Lottery Retailer locations requiring daytime travel. Works under general supervision with moderate latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment. Although the daily office activity is coordinated by the Lottery Claim Center Coordinator, this position reports directly to the Field Claim Center Supervisor.
- High School graduate or GED equivalent is required.
- Some college or degree is preferred.
- Two years experience providing customer service to internal and/or external customers is required.
- Fluency in Spanish, oral and written, is required. A fluency test will be administered to applicants selected for an interview.
- Must be willing to complete day travel via personal vehicle during business hours. Travel is completed within the service region of the office, conducting inspections and surveys at retailer locations. Day travel requirements are minimal and typically do not exceed 20% of a work week.
- Must have a current driver’s license.
- Willingness to work occasional irregular hours, such as hours other than 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., weekends, and holidays as needed or required.
- Experience with personal computers to include experience with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook or other email applications, multi-user databases, Adobe PDF, and Internet is preferred.
- Experience in the validation, processing, and/or payment of claims is preferred.
- Experience in preparing correspondence, reports, and/or letters is preferred.
- Cashier, teller, financial, or accounting experience is preferred.
- Experience involving field work is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of common office practices and procedures.
- Good verbal communication skills and moderate writing skills.
- Skill in the use of a personal computer, standard office equipment, and computer software.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent customer service skills and maintain a pleasant and professional manner while timely performing customer service activities.
- Ability to understand, follow, and explain applicable lottery laws, rules, policies and procedures.
- Ability to implement administrative procedures and to evaluate their effectiveness.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to interpret rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to communicate clearly and interact effectively with Lottery personnel and the general public.
- Ability to prepare correspondence, letters, reports, and/or documents.
- Ability to respond to public inquiries in a timely manner.
- Ability to organize duties, follow instructions, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work well in stressful situations.
- Ability to train others.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods of time, work under deadlines, and operate standard office equipment and computer software.
- Must be able to climb stairs, stoop, bend, read a tape measure, perform data entry, and type for extended periods of time.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides quality customer service with internal and external customers in person, by telephone, email, or regular correspondence.
- Performs the validation, processing, and/or payment of claims in the Lottery Claim Center in accordance with established commission policies and procedures.
- Communicates and responds to inquiries from the public on policies and procedures of the Lottery Claim Center via the telephone and in person.
- Researches information to solve customer service problems.
- Provides support to the Coordinator in the daily operation and functions of the Lottery Claim Center and performs duties of the Coordinator in their absence.
- Promotes teamwork and works closely with co-workers, peers, and management to encourage an open atmosphere of positive teambuilding while discouraging negative perceptions and attitudes.
- Enters accurate information into databases, processes letters and correspondence to customers, reads electronic mail messages on a daily basis and responds appropriately, and performs other general clerical services.
- Prepares and submits reports and logs, reviews information, and provides feedback to the appropriate area.
- Travels and conducts inspections of retailer locations for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and obtain Retailer Satisfaction Survey data; is knowledgeable of guidelines and performs all related activities within these guidelines.
- Interprets, develops, and maintains a thorough current knowledge of Commission and Lottery policies and procedures, rules and regulations.
- Maintains proper office supply inventory and equipment.
- Participates in special assignments or projects as requested by management.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Please submit a State of Texas Employment Application referencing the position number & title by the application deadline to: Texas Lottery Commission, Human Resources, PO Box 16630, Austin, TX 78761-6630. Applications may also be submitted electronically through the Texas Workforce Commission's workintexas.com online system by the closing date. Applicants are solely responsible for timely delivery of applications by the deadline.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $29,439.00 to $37,000.00 /year
- Customer Service: 2 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- San Antonio, TX 78229 (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Retirement benefits or accounts