ControlSoft Inc. has an immediate opening for a full-time Sr. Process Control Application Engineer. The successful candidate will be a member of our project engineering team and will participate in the design, development, commissioning and testing of process control solutions.
Candidates must have extensive experience in at least one or more of the following areas:
- Tuning PID controllers in continuous process applications
- Designing and commissioning Continuous Loop Performance Monitoring systems (CLPM) in industrial applications
- Designing and commissioning model-based advanced control strategies
Candidates should have in-depth knowledge of how major pieces of industrial equipment (e.g. boilers, heaters, distillation columns, compressors, pumps) are controlled and operated. Some DCS configuration work will also be required in this position.
The position is based in our headquarters in Highland Heights, OH and requires some domestic and international travel.
ControlSoft Inc. is a well-established Cleveland-based company providing control solutions to process and power generation industries. Among the many benefits are a 401K plan (with company matching) and a company supported health insurance plan.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Designing, developing, deploying, testing, troubleshooting and documenting process control solutions in industrial applications
- Applying advanced control techniques to industrial processes
- Analyzing Return on Investment (ROI) for our solutions to help customers justify their investments
- Diagnosing the root cause of process control issues based on the information provided by our CLPM software
- Tuning PID controllers executing in customer’s DCS/PLC system
- Providing technical support to sales staff for customer presentations
- Training customer personnel on the use of our software and the design of delivered solutions
- Drafting and presenting technical papers of successful projects at industry conferences and trade shows
- Providing technical support to existing clients who are experiencing difficulty with our products or solutions
- Working in cooperation with the Sales team to develop customer proposals. Developing engineering time estimation algorithms for various types of projects.
- Testing new versions of our various software products as they are released from Product Development
Education and Qualifications
- B.Sc. (M.Sc. or Ph.D. preferred) in either Systems and Controls Engineering or Chemical Engineering
- A minimum seven years of experience in designing and commissioning industrial process controls is a firm requirement.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
When submitting your resume, please use subject Position Reference No: 2019-ENG-1906.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 7 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Monday to Friday
- 8 hour shift