Putnam|Northern Westchester BOCES anticipates a need for a Full-Time Personnel Assistant. This position is largely responsible for overseeing the employee life cycle as it relates to HR processes, which includes, but is not limited to:
- Working with department supervisors to track personnel needs and create vacancy notices as needed.
- Communicates with applicants and completes preliminary screenings, as needed.
- Meeting with prospective employees and initiating the coordination of onboarding.
- Collecting and processing of required hiring documentation
- Updating employee records in the HR management system to account for fiscal year rollovers, as well as routine changes to employee positions, locations, immediate supervisors, etc.
- Coordinating job related orientation of new personnel such as: Supervisor communications, obtaining proper IT accesses, completing building/program level tours
- Facilitating recruitment fairs, supervisor interviewing schedules, outreach programs to increase the breadth and depth of candidate pools and additional efforts to help support a consistent candidate pipeline
- Coordinates the completion of employee annual requirements (i.e. performance evaluations, mandated compliance trainings, Board policy reviews and sign-offs, etc.)
- Coordinates HR tasks for terminating employees. Tasks may include initiating exit meeting with the Director of HR & PD, disabling IT accesses, collection of BOCES materials, etc.
Graduation from high school or possession of a high school equivalency diploma and three (3) years of experience where the primary function of the position was personnel work, which must have included one or more of the following activities: job evaluation, recruiting, staff training or benefits administration.
Must qualify through Civil Service; job description below: http://www.westchestergov.com/hr/jobspecs/ljs/local/P/PERSONNELASSISTANT.pdf
The ability to be highly organized, communicate clearly with employees and supervisors, and to maintain accurate and timely HR records and management systems. Successful candidates must have a positive, can-do attitude and be committed to the BOCES Mission of Service and Innovation through Partnership.
July 1, 2018
To apply, please submit your application at: www.olasjobs.org
Job Type: Full-time
- prior school district: 2 years
- Personnel: 3 years
- recruiting: 2 years
- High school or equivalent