As the world’s number 1 job site*, our mission is to help people get jobs. We strive to cultivate an inclusive and accessible workplace where all people feel comfortable being themselves. We're looking to grow our teams with more people who share our enthusiasm for innovation and creating the best experience for job seekers.
(*comScore Total Visits, September 2023)
Day to Day
Are you ready to make a significant impact as part of our Application Security Organization? As an Application Security Manager, you set the standard through your actions and inspire your team to consistently deliver optimal results. You foster an environment of trust, respect, and open communication, where every team member's contributions are valued. By sharing your knowledge and insights with your team, you cultivate a culture of continuous learning and improvement and promote personal and professional growth.
As a good manager, you collaborate effectively, encourage diverse perspectives, and install a proactive and forward-thinking mindset. By applying your data-driven insights and leveraging industry best practices, you guide your team and customers towards making informed choices that enhance security posture and mitigate risks effectively.
- Manage, mentor and direct a team of security professionals, including hiring, training, mentoring, and evaluating performance.
- Collaborate with teams across Indeed to identify, resolve, and mitigate security issues in systems and processes, ensuring a comprehensive and integrated approach to security.
- Influence and direct a high-performing team of security engineers. Providing guidance, mentorship, and support to ensure the team's success in consistently achieving project goals and key results.
- Establish performance metrics and key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure the effectiveness of your team's efforts.
- Proactively identify areas for improvement and implement strategies to enhance the Application Security program.
- Ability to make concrete progress in the face of ambiguity and imperfect knowledge.
- Improve and maintain secure development guidance and policies/standards
- Provide expertise and guidance during incidents. Working closely with partner teams to contain, examine, and remediate security breaches or threats. Contribute to post-incident reviews and develop recommendations for improving software security mechanisms.
- Deliver routine updates in Security group meetings, sharing relevant information, progress reports, and insights. Deliver tech talks to other groups within Indeed, promoting security awareness and knowledge sharing.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Computer Security Information Systems or a related field of study. Equivalent experience will also be considered.
- Must be able to approach Application Security from a risk-based perspective, avoiding purely academic approaches.
- 5+ years experience in Information Technology or Information Security, with a record of effectively leading highly technical team members
- Demonstrated ability to influence partners and collaborators at all levels of a large organization
- Familiarity with relevant regulations and standards, such as GDPR, HIPAA, ISO 27001, NIST Cybersecurity Framework, and industry-specific requirements.
- Proven analytical and critical thinking aptitude, effective in identifying and assessing risks and recommending appropriate controls.
- Demonstrate exceptional interpersonal, communication, and executive skills to foster collaboration among diverse collaborators, resolve conflicts, and motivate the team while evangelizing security and making it relatable to various audiences, both technical and non-technical.
Salary Range Transparency
- US Remote 164,000 - 237,000 USD per year
- Austin, Metro Area 164,000 - 237,000 USD per year
- New York City Metro Area 193,000 - 280,000 USD per year
- San Francisco Bay Area 213,000 - 308,000 USD per year
- Seattle Metro Area 200,000 - 290,000 USD per year
Salary Range Disclaimer
The base salary range represents the low and high end of the Indeed salary range for this position in the given work location. Actual salaries will vary depending on factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range(s) listed is just one component of Indeed's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include quarterly bonuses, Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), a Paid Time Off policy, and many region-specific benefits.
Benefits - Health, Work/Life Harmony, & Wellbeing
We care about what you care about. We have a multitude of benefits to support Indeedians, as well as their pets, kids, and partners. Select your country and learn more about our employee benefits, program, & perks at https://benefits.indeed.jobs!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Indeed is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, neuro-diversity, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other non-merit based or legally protected grounds.
Indeed is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in the employment application process. To request an accommodation, please contact Talent Attraction Accommodations at 1-855-567-7767, or by email at [email protected]. If you are requesting accommodation for an interview, please reach out at least one week in advance of your interview.
Fair Chance Hiring
We value diverse experiences, including those who have had prior contact with the criminal legal system. We are committed to providing individuals with criminal records, including formerly incarcerated individuals, a fair chance at employment.
Reference ID: 43349
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $164,000.00 - $237,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Supplemental pay types:
People with a criminal record are encouraged to apply
- Are you a current or former Indeedian?
- How did you hear about this role?
- Information security: 5 years (Required)
Work Location: Remote