Decimal Engineering is a fast-paced drug-free, equal-opportunity employer and manufacturing facility located in Deerfield Beach, Florida. Decimal Engineering specializes in Precision CNC Machining and custom sheet metal fabrications for the aerospace, medical, automotive, electronics, and marine-related industries.
The Class A Maintenance Technician works directly with department team members, leaders, and supervisors to troubleshoot equipment or process problems in manufacturing facility. This position is responsible for performing general maintenance and repairs on manufacturing facility equipment, in addition to performing other maintenance duties including preventative maintenance programs. All work will be done in compliance with EPA, ISO, and OSHA safety rules and regulations. TECHNICAL EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED BASED ON PRIMARY DUTIES.
- Repairs machines with NC controls, Servo Drives, Load cells, Inductive Electrical Loads and Sensing devices.
- Repairs broken parts by fabricating new ones in a basic manual mill, lathe or welding.
- Troubleshoots through machining issues with Proportional Hydraulic systems, navigating mechanical and electrical systems.
- Troubleshoots PLC/Sequencer inputs and outputs.
- Directly contacts OEM service Engineers while trouble shooting or installing equipment upgrades or locating / Identifying equipment part numbers.
- Locates machine parameters within controls to: check value, modify or store.
- Reads basic “G” code programs and uses Macro programs within controls.
- Installs from start to finish: Electrical Outlets, Machine Electrical Services.
- Defines proper wire size, conduit size and count in electrical raceway.
- Applies basic wiring method and rules of the installation of conduits from 2” to 3/8”.
- Bends/installs electrical conduit including but not limited to: EMT, Ridgit steel and PVC, Plastic flexible liquid tight steel and non-steel lined, Armor flexible steel and Aluminum.
- Installs Electrical Cables and Wires including Service and I/O.
- Reads basic electrical machine control diagrams including primary power and cable
- Reads “One Line Building” diagrams.
- Understands PLC / Sequencing logic.
- Interrupts reasons and corrections on Machine Tool controls, such as Fanuc, Yaskawa or Mitsubishi.
- Uses Megger Meter as appropriate.
- Observes mechanical devices in operation and listen to their sounds to locate causes of trouble.
- Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts.
- Examines form and texture of parts to detect imperfections.
- Inspects used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments.
- Repairs or replaces defective parts.
- Installs special functional and structural parts in devices.
- Lubricates and cleans parts.
- Starts devices to test performance.
- Always work in a Safe Manner while keeping an eye open for equipment safety problems, such as missing guards and damaged cable’s, conduits and hoses.
- Initiates purchase orders for parts and machines.
- Understands basic Industrial three phase A/C Electrical systems and basic repair.
- Visually inspects and listens to machines and equipment to locate causes of malfunctions.
- Dismantles machines and equipment to gain access to problem area.
- Inspects and measures parts to detect wear, misalignment or other problems.
- Removes and replaces worn or defective parts of drive mechanism or hydraulic systems.
- Realigns and adjusts components, such as drive belts, pulleys and clutches.
- Locates damaged air and hydraulic pipes on machine. Then measures, cuts, threads and installs new pipe.
- Starts machines and equipment to test operation following repair.
- Repairs broken parts.
- Must be able to read understand PLC / Sequencing logic.
- Must be able to install and test High precision Spindles, Ball screws and bearings.
- Must be able to test and adjust Machine Gibb’s
- Must be able to test and adjust central lubrication systems.
- Must be able to use a Oscilloscope meter
- Must be able to read and use basic CAD software.
- Must be able to locate proper NEFP Electrical codes.
- Requires good interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate in English.
- Must be able to sit, stand and walk.
- Sight and hearing must be correctable to normal.
- Must be able to lift fifty (50) pounds.
- Must be able to drive a forklift.
- Must be able to use electrical v.o.m. & amp probe meters.
- Must have basic computer skills for daily reports
- Must be willing work Overtime when needed.
- Must prove ability to use: Micrometer, Depth Gauges, Height Gauges, convert inches to millimeters
- Must be able to Solder copper pipe and properly assemble/repair PVC piping.
- Must be able to drill and tap in Aluminum, Copper, Steel and Cast Iron
- 6” Calipers
- Open/Box End Wrenches (inch/metric)
- Allen Wrenches (inch/metric)
- Socket Set, 3/8”& ¼”Drive (inch/metric)
- Screw Driver Set
- Utility Knife
- Pipe Wrench
- Volt, Ohm Meter
- Drive Pin Set
- Vise Grips
- Tape Measure
- Channel Locks
- Adjustable Wrench
- Hammers (plastic/ball peen)
About Decimal Engineering:
Decimal Engineering is a certified ISO 9001-2008 and AS9100 Standards; ITAR, DFAR, ISO compliant professional manufacturing facility that offers competitive compensation and benefit package (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k, paid vacation, holidays, etc.) as well as a team environment with a long-tenured staff. Decimal Engineering has been providing precision CNC machining and custom sheet metal fabrication since 1967. We invest in our people through training opportunities and by providing the latest cutting edge technology and equipment.
If you answer yes to all of the following, please apply today:
Are you a get-it-done right person?
Does your work environment need to be growing, changing, and evolving?
Do you have the discipline needed to obtain goals in place?
Have these words been used to describe you in the work place: proactive, precise, structured, accurate, disciplined?
Job Type: Full-time
- maintenance: 3 years (Preferred)
- Maintenance Technician: 1 year (Required)
- Ft Lauderdale, FL (Preferred)