Orange County CybeKnife and Radiation Oncology Center in Fountain Valley has been providing radiation oncology services to the Orange County and surrounding areas since 2009. The center is equipped with Varian iX RapidArc, Accuray CyberKnife, VariSource HDR, Hyperthermia and GE wide bore CT simulator and ARIA EMR system. Our employees value the camaraderie, collaboration, and a high-tech environment. Our patients value the genuine care they receive. Our physician team is comprised of world-renowned radiation oncologists. We are currently seeking a Chief Radiation Therapist for our center.
Excellent benefit package included.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinate day-to-day activities of radiation therapists and perform technical and supervisory duties
- Enforce established policies and procedures to provide high quality and efficient patient care
- Promote a collegial environment among the health care team
- Is required to demonstrate leadership and ability to make decisions and solve problems as they arise
- Is responsible for the implementation and continuous review of clinical practice standards as relates to radiation treatment delivery
- Perform radiation therapy duties and procedures as staffing and workload dictates
- Support the philosophy, goals, and objectives of the organization
- Ensures patient treatment meets all expectations and safety guidelines
- Explain procedure to the patient, means of communication during treatment and procedure to follow if an emergency arises during treatment.
- Assist in billing (Daily charge capture), maintaining productivity dashboard and other areas as needed.
- Minimum Qualification:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Radiation Therapy or Radiologic Science
- A graduate of an approved Radiation Therapy Training Program
- Five years’ clinical experience with two years of supervisory experience or 8 or more years of clinical experience
- Knowledge of ARIA and creation of documents, carepath, encounters and templates within Aria
- Knowledge of billing and coding
- Registered by American Registry of Radiologic Technology (ARRT) Radiation Therapy
- Valid California CRT License
- CPR Certification.CQI experience, conflict resolution skills, ability to work with patients with acute, chronic, and complex disease processes; possesses a strong knowledge of immobilization, simulation, and all aspects of treatment delivery. Possesses high levels of motivation and work ethic; team-oriented, organized and detail oriented, exhibits good follow-through on tasks. Knowledgeable of EMR (ARIA), interfacing with eclipse planning system, compliance, and documentation. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Computer literate and demonstrates superior patient service skills in a direct patient care environment.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience with Accuray CyberKnife, Varian Clinac iX Linear Accelerator, IMRT/IGRT treatment administration with On-Board-Imaging and Gating, CT simulation
- HDR Brachytherapy procedures
- Bilingual will be a plus (Vietnamese or Spanish preferred)
- Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- Radiation Therapy: 5 years (Required)