Coeur Mining, Inc. is a well-diversified growing precious metals producer with five operations in North America. Coeur’s wholly-owned operations include the Palmarejo silver-gold complex in Mexico, the Silvertip silver-zinc-lead mine in British Columbia, the Rochester silver-gold mine in Nevada, the Kensington gold mine in Alaska, and the Wharf gold mine in South Dakota. In addition, the Company owns the La Preciosa project in Mexico, a silver-gold exploration stage project. Coeur also conducts numerous exploration activities in North and South America. Coeur’s headquarters are located in Chicago, IL.
The Coeur Silvertip mine located in British Columbia, just 10 miles south of the Yukon border is seeking a Project Engineer to work in a camp based environment rotating on a 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off schedule.
If you are motivated by unique challenges, change, working in a remote location and work-life balance with the flexibility of a rotational schedule, this opportunity is for you!
The Project Engineer will be responsible for planning, supporting, managing, and tracking engineering and construction activities for the Silvertip mine site working within the Projects department reporting to the Projects Superintendent.
- Develop and manage tasks related to engineering, construction and completion of capital Projects, Capital project
planning, preparing AFE submittals, scheduling, cost estimation, interpreting drawings and specifications in compliance
with the Coeur Project Delivery System;
- Interaction with managers to ensure projects align with company goals;
- Working with various departments to solve problems, and maintain project schedules;
- Develop project objectives by reviewing project proposals and plans; conferring with
management, soliciting bids, acquiring proposals, and monitoring contractor activities on site;
- Determines project responsibilities by identifying project phases and elements; assigning
personnel to phases and elements;
- Determines project specifications by studying product design, customer requirements,
and performance standards; completing technical studies; preparing cost estimates;
- Determines project schedule by studying project plan and specifications; calculating time
requirements; sequencing project elements;
- Maintains project schedule by monitoring project progress; coordinating activities;
- Controls project plan by reviewing design, specifications, and plan and schedule
changes; recommending actions;
- Controls project costs by approving expenditures; administering contractor contracts.
- Prepares project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and
trends; recommending actions;
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by enforcing procedures, rules, and r regulations;
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with federal and provincial
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Civil, Mechanical, Electrical or Mining);
- PMP certification a plus;
- PE or PENG is desired;
- Approximately 5-8 years of experience managing construction projects including experience with large scale (>$1M)
- Excellent knowledge of design and visualizations software such as AutoCAD
- Advanced MS Office skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project);
- Familiarity with surface construction rules, regulations, best practices and performance standards;
- Ability to work with multi-disciplinary projects;
- Project management and supervision skills.
- Mining, Oil and Gas or Heavy Industrial experience is preferred;
- Strong problem-solving, teamwork and ability to develop and foster strong working relationships;
- Strong sense of integrity, ethics and desire to positively impact the environment;
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal;
- Ability to work with a diverse cross-cultural workforce.
At Coeur, we PROTECT our people, places and planet, DEVELOP quality resources, growth and plans, and DELIVER impactful results through teamwork. To become a part of our team and to work together to tackle challenges head-on apply www.coeur.com/company/careers for this position.