- Office Experience
- Retail Sales
- Customer Service
Please apply for this position at the following link:
Showroom Part Time Assistant Portland
Reports To: Showroom Coordinator
We are authentic, innovative and bound by integrity. We are seeking an individual who shares those same values. If that’s you, we have an opportunity to join our team! Salon Services is the hottest, most respected professional distributor for the salon and spa industry. We live and breathe our culture in everything that we do. It embodies our core values and it is the heart of our success.
People are Salon Services’ most important and valuable resource. Each of us is an authentic individual brought together by a common bond: our desire to build long lasting relationships with our customers and each other. We value integrity, positive energy, teamwork, dedication, communication, responsiveness and action. We are committed in our desire to lead with knowledge and serve with purpose. We function in an abundant spirit that enriches lives and creates a legacy of excellence. We cherish the diversity that strengthens the fabric of expression and the freedom to risk through innovation. We are dedicated to the pursuit of lifelong learning through Encouraging Personal Mastery.
We are the protectors of the professional beauty industry.
This function requires the Showroom Assistant to provide excellent customer service to our customers and to be knowledgeable in all product lines carried by Salon Services. The showroom assistant should continually cross-promote and up-sell products, stock and face shelves throughout the course of each business day. Assistants are to maintain consistency with all other showrooms (directed by the Showroom Coordinator) to ensure the customer has the best possible shopping experience and that the appearance of the showrooms is on par with companies expectations. Assistants are to help the coordinator with all tasks relevant to the showrooms, including, but not limited to: maintaining and achieving sales goals, maintaining inventory accuracy by following procedures, and assisting in all merchandising projects to maintain the freshness and appearance of the showroom. The Showroom Assistant must pass all the Basic Certification tests. Our goal is to have efficient, productive, and high-energy showrooms that emulate the SSS mission statement.
Principle Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist in sales and inventory goal attainment through excellent customer service and support.
- Work within all set guidelines, policies, and procedures set forth by Salon Services.
- Maintain proper inventory levels set forth by Salon Services.
- Function as the primary receiver of inventory transfers.
- Adherence to all Inventory controls set forth by Salon Services.
- Support the coordinator and local area consultants to achieve optimal team work.
- Continually cross-promote and up-sell products to increase our average sale per client which is determined by Showroom Manager.
- Provide a consistent high level of client service via telephone communications to solidify relationships to secure sales and answer questions.
- Assist in outbound customer relationships by conducting outbound calls, sending or emailing thank you notes, and inviting customers to events and education.
- Provide consistently high level of client service in all client contact with a goal of zero customer complaints.
- Complete and submit all required paperwork in accurate and timely manner.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Attend required company functions.
- All other duties as assigned.
The priorities of a Showroom Assistant:
- Customers come first, even before employees – always be available to help assist customers.
- Performing as the primary ‘cashier’ for clients according to company policy and guidelines in a very efficient and friendly manner, to allow the coordinator to stay on the floor and sell.
- Inventory to be continually fronted and faced and restocked throughout the day.
- Freight must be received within same day of receipt, following all receiving guidelines.
- Engaging with customers to make them feel welcome and comfortable in the showroom.
- Promotions & Merchandising materials are to be put up and taken down in a timely manner at the beginning and end of promotional periods.
- Must keep updated on current specials and promotions to assist customers.
- Balance till correctly each night and research any discrepancies.
- Continuously maintain a clean and presentable environment within SSS.
- A professional image and behavior must be maintained at all times.
- Showroom assistants must use the time clock to punch in and out (also for lunches) each day.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, demonstrated in a clear, concise, accurate, timely and professional manner.
- Ability to follow instructions with a positive attitude.
- Experience working with customers and broad range of audiences.
- Computer competence (previous experience) and average office skills.
- Detail orientation, record keeping, and virtually error free accuracy.Comfortable working with numbers, able to apply basic mathematical concepts such as adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing.
- Comfort level working and presenting in front of a group of peers.
- Stand and/or sit continuously to perform job functions for a full shift.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $13.00 /hour
- Retail Sales: 3 years (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)