Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things. Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect.
As a global leader in fixed, mobile and converged broadband access, carrier and enterprise IP technologies, applications, and services, the ION division offers the end-to-end solutions that enable compelling communications services for people at home, at work and on the move.
Key Responsibilities / Functions:
The position involves designing and developing network management interfaces for various applications on the service router through Netconf/Yang, SNMP and CLI.
Applications include (but are not limited to):
- Networking protocols: BGP, ISIS, OSPF, MPLS, LDP, OpenFlow, Multicast, and RIP
- Management applications: SSH, Telnet, Radius and Subscriber management
- Services: Layer 2 and Layer 3 Services, and Quality of Service (QoS)
- Hardware and Physical Media: Ethernet, Sonet, and ATM.
As a developer on the product, one is expected to work with senior team members, application developers, quality assurance (QA) and product management (PM) on a regular basis to ensure that the project milestones are met.
The software is written in the C/C++ languages.
Required Qualifications (Education, Technical Skills/Knowledge):
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field
- Strong software development skills
- Embedded systems development
- Courses in Algorithms, Operating Systems, Networking and Database design
- C, C++ desired
- Java and Python are an asset
- Network management design (SNMP, CLI, Netconf) and User Interface design are an asset
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class