This opening is for the Raytheon BBN Technologies’ Boomerang team, which develops a world class gunshot detection system used in many countries around the world. Our small and agile team relies on contribution from every team member to develop the next generation of products. We are currently seeking a strong leader for a position of Senior Field Engineer to join its Boomerang team. The Boomerang System is a state-of-the-art, Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS) product that acoustically detects small-arms fire, locates the shooter's position and reports the shooter's location by audibly reporting and displaying the shooter's azimuth and range. The Field Support Engineer will be interfacing directly with domestic and foreign military customers and provide training and logistics support for the entire Boomerang product line. This individual will be a motivated self-starter, comfortable handling weapons and organizing live-fire events.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan and conduct training sessions, for new and existing customers and partners, on operation, installation, troubleshooting and maintenance of the Boomerang systems and related equipment.
- Plan and conduct systems field tests and demonstrations, domestically and internationally, in both classroom and field environments
- Manage the logistics involved with training, field tests, and demonstrations
- Provide military and field expertise to support marketing, sales, and existing customers
- Prior military and leadership experience
- 4+ years of military instructor/trainer experience
- Outstanding oral communication skills
- US citizenship, current security clearance a plus
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally, up to 25% of the time
Experience using and maintaining military grade firearms
Required Education (including Major):
- International experience and/or foreign languages are a plus
- Experience in a customer-facing role
- Experience with ITAR/export compliance
- Working knowledge of electronics and local area networks, with some IT experience a plus
- Experience managing Return Material Authorizations (RMAs) and international shipping regulations
Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline with 6+ years of experience; on-the-job (military) experience can be substituted for a formal degree 165432
Raytheon Technologies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.