Springfield Prep Charter School is a growing public charter school serving Springfield students. We opened in the 2015-16 school year, currently serve 270 students in grades K-4, and will grow to ultimately serve nearly 500 students in grades K-8. We are driven by the belief that all children deserve a world-class education and that they can and will achieve when provided with high expectations, rigorous curriculum , and a joyful school culture .
Our team is made up of a group of energetic, high capacity educators and professionals who are committed to closing existing achievement gaps. We work hard and constantly seek to improve our practice so that our scholars get a top-notch education that puts them on the path to college.
The Paraprofessional provides academic and behavioral support to students who require additional support in order to successfully meet their academic and social goals.
- Provide one-on-one academic and behavioral support to a student (or small caseload of students)
- Implement with fidelity the curriculum that has been prepared by general education and special education teachers
- Implement behavior modifications and/or accommodations for the student(s)
- Collaborate effectively with general education and special education teachers, the culture team, school leadership, and families.
- Help students with behavioral issues to de-escalate and return to class
- Support teachers, school leadership and the special education team in dealing with behavioral crisis-intervention and acute behavioral issues; monitor the Dean’s office as needed
- Keep records of student progress in accordance with IEP, Behavior Intervention Plan, or Academic Support goals.
- Contact parents to discuss discipline or behavior issues
- Supervise classes at lunch and/or recess and monitor common areas of the school (bathrooms, hallways, etc.) to ensure that school spaces are calm, quiet and orderly
- Assist the Dean, Students Supports Coordinator, and Principal with other student support tasks as needed
- You are unwavering in your belief that all children can achieve at the highest levels, regardless of their socioeconomic background, and you believe schools should be held accountable for this
- You are humble, reflective, and eager to constantly improve
- You believe that schools can and should teach noncognitive skills like professionalism, respect, and persistence
- You approach problems with a sense of optimistic determination
- Associates Degree
- Previous jobs, internships, and/or volunteer experiences working with children, experience working in an elementary school setting preferred
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong interpersonal skills with students, parents, colleagues, and community members
This is a full time role. Hours are 7:30am to 3:30pm Monday through Friday.
Compensation and Benefits
The Paraprofessional will receive a competitive salary, full benefits, and a working environment that includes all the necessary technology and resources to succeed. Most of all, you will join a team of like-minded professionals working to achieve the same mission.
Submit application materials online on the Springfield Prep Careers portal, at
www.springfieldprep.org/careers [http://www.springfieldprep.org/careers] Please contact us at
firstname.lastname@example.org [email@example.com] or (413) 231-2722 with any questions.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
As an equal opportunity employer, Springfield Preparatory Charter School provides equal employment opportunities without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, disability, genetic information or any other category protected by federal or state law